Looking for a pic.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Howdy folks. I have the '05 black/grey (you know ... the fastest color
biggrin.gif
) to which I have polished the lips of the wheel. Basically like the '05 LE wheels. I was thinking of polishing the entire wheel except for the 3 spokes but I'm not sure how it'll look. Has anyone done it to theirs? If so ... can you post a pic please.

i got an 01 black and grey with polished parts, let me know

it has an 05 tank
laugh.gif

I have an '05 Black and Silver. Was thinking about polishing the wheels because a friend had a Triple Speed that he had polished the wheels and it looked nice, but before I got too involved he put a chrome wheel on the front and was working on replacing the back with a chrome. I asked him what was up. He told me that polished wheels even with a clear laquer coat to protect them were a pain to take care of and he was going chrome. I shifted gears and bought a set of chrome wheels from Chrome Pros out of Corpus. A guy at work had a set from them and they looked very nice. Had problems with one wheel after having the set for three months peeling at the edge. They have a two year warranty and replaced it no questions asked. Looks good and I am happy with the choice. You may want to check with others that have polished wheels for satisfaction and upkeep. I have pics but they are at home on my PC. Good luch whichever way you go.

There is no question that a polished wheel (or any part) needs a little TLC every now and then

As WorkingMan stated chrome has its flaws and will not last forever (nothing will) once that warranty is gone you are on your own.

If you can invest the time with polishing, and you spend money on things like ZoopSeal then you will be just fine.

I have an '05 Black and Silver.  Was thinking about polishing the wheels because a friend had a Triple Speed that he had polished the wheels and it looked nice, but before I got too involved he put a chrome wheel on the front and was working on replacing the back with a chrome.  I asked him what was up.  He told me that polished wheels even with a clear laquer coat to protect them were a pain to take care of and he was going chrome.  I shifted gears and bought a set of chrome wheels from Chrome Pros out of Corpus.  A guy at work had a set from them and they looked very nice.  Had problems with one wheel after having the set for three months peeling at the edge.  They have a two year warranty and replaced it no questions asked.  Looks good and I am happy with the choice.  You may want to check with others that have polished wheels for satisfaction and upkeep.  I have pics but they are at home on my PC.  Good luch whichever way you go.
They are a good bunch to deal with and have a great product and good prices...
I have a friend with a 06 LE who put a set of chrome wheels on from them last weekend and I got his Silver wheels for my 05 Blue/Silver...

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155665151 -->

DSC03156.JPG

Whats up Devious? Almost time for us to hit up a ride! Hopefully Ill have her done by the weekend...maybe some hill country?

I like that polished & black wheel look. I had though about getting a set of chrome wheels, and then having the spokes powdercoated black...might keep looking into that.

Shew, after spending 3 hours repolishing my frame and swingarm last night, I feel compelled to beg you to go chrome! I totally polish my bike about 3 times a year and keep the mothers on it in between. Looks great, but is hard work.

If you dont mind a little hard work and some upkeep its a good way to save 500-600 bucks! I should do a writeup on it now that I figured out a good way to do it!

I like that polished & black wheel look.  I had though about getting a set of chrome wheels, and then having the spokes powdercoated black...might keep looking into that.
+1
I like the look of polished rims.
It's on my list to do this winter...............................

Guido, I love the sig... "All the low budget ones..." Good to know that Im not the only one riggin stuff up on my own bike. Id love to see some of your work.

Also, Devious, your bike looks great. I have never been a fan of high mounts on a Busa, but yours looks just right.

Back