Steel Brake Lines

Cannonball Rides

Registered
Has anyone given any consideration to installing Steel Brake Lines on the new Gen 3? Will it be difficult to source these lines ( Galfer? ), or can they be made custom? Any thoughts?
Should this have been standard on the new model not sure, but, would it make a great upgrade - I think so.

Check with www.Spiegler.com
They make some of the highest quality ss lines on the market, and their banjos rotate.
I have used them on several bikes with zero complaints and perfect fits.
I just put a set on an '18 gsxr1000R with abs too.

Took a peak nothing appears to be there for the 2021 or 2022 only 2020 so not sure if they will fit or not however in the new year I can reach out to them and ask that question - to me this would be a nice upgrade to the bike - suits it quite well.
2020-spiegler.PNG

Took a peak nothing appears to be there for the 2021 or 2022 only 2020 so not sure if they will fit or not however in the new year I can reach out to them and ask that question - to me this would be a nice upgrade to the bike - suits it quite well.View attachment 1645193

Email or call them
They probably have gen3 lines in the works, or will soon.

I have also used Core-Moto, as they are the only other company that I know that has rotating banjos.
When I have used either brand, the banjos have needed little to no movement.
I have used other brands that banjos did not rotate, and not been happy with the looks, as even though the lines are round and flexible, they tend to stick out or put the line at an angle where it can easily hang something, vs turned tight against or in line with a fork or swingarm.
Being able to turn the banjo lets You get the line excatly where You want it, and makes for a much cleaner look.

Anyone used these guys before? They have a full bike kit for the gen III's balanced brakes.

Last edited:

Anyone used these guys before? They have a full bike kit for the gen III's balanced brakes.
I've used Core-Moto a few times, and put a set on a gsxr600 a few months back.
They were excellent, quality and service.
They are also the only other company I know of other than Spiegler that have rotating banjos, making for a much cleaner install.

Also, when bleeding ABS, you will have to open/close the banjos on the return line at the ABS pump, and use them like a bleeder valve, otherwise the air in those lines will push the fluid back up into the resivoirs, and you will never get them bled, aside from that the process is the same.

I've used Core-Moto a few times, and put a set on a gsxr600 a few months back.
They were excellent, quality and service.
They are also the only other company I know of other than Spiegler that have rotating banjos, making for a much cleaner install.

Also, when bleeding ABS, you will have to open/close the banjos on the return line at the ABS pump, and use them like a bleeder valve, otherwise the air in those lines will push the fluid back up into the resivoirs, and you will never get them bled, aside from that the process is the same.
How much do the Core-moto steel brake lines cost?

How much do the Core-moto steel brake lines cost?
I don't know what the gen3 lines will cost, and do not remember the exact cost of the gsxr 600(non ABS) set, $150ish(but that bike doesn't matter because it's just 3 lines).
ABS bikes have more lines and therefor higher cost.
Spiegler's ABS ss line set for the gsxr1k is around $230.
Contact Core-Moto and ask, as said, they are great to deal with.

Here's the gsxr ABS stock lines and SS lines laid out for reference.

20211211_233740.jpg

Last edited:

Core moto rocks,
they will build any thing you need!

I had a 2000, Gen 1 (Blue/silver)....already had the Sickness. But was in a divorce-related remission...
I feel a relapse coming on.
Going through one of those myself...and there's a gen3 coming at the end of it

People get custom ordered rear brake lines all the time. I'm sure you can get them for front and rear. Go with Spiegler and all you need to do is tell them the length and angle of the banjo stem. The degree you turh the hoses you adjust yourself. Personally, id look for solid kevlar because those will be a real weight reduction. I had kevlar hoses last 12 years and they were still in fine condition.

Back