Sprocket upgrade??

Hi. am waiting for my Ti chain. Now with a Ti Front sprocket 20 tooth and a 36 tooth rear that would be my up grade. That is if I can get the sprockets custom made
Hi Mike , I think you are smart to get that ti chain , because I see none are available worldwide no more in any pitch !! I got the EK chain because I was / am slow to grab one , bank a few ti chains if you are able bro .
They may do another run on them soon I guess , but I remember the full ti fronts that I pictured somewhere else , they all got snapped up an I was slow there too , and haven't seen any since !! There is some high demand going by that , for these ti beauties , got to be profit in a re run you would think .

Last edited:
Titanium Drive chains? You've got to be kidding. If there was any advantage why wouldn't all the multi million dollar race teams have them on their bikes? They pay Marquez $12 million dollars a season to ride so they obviously have the funds to buy the machinery and tooling required to manufacture titanium drive chains in house if they decided go that route.

Most of us have only really seen a handful of truly impressively built Busas.
I can't ever remember following a build with so many high end aftermarket and custom parts. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Much respect of your abilities sir.
Hi. Thank you very much. But it is a combined work of many experts, Frank at powerhouse, DME Racing, Macintosh, Windmill Cycles, IA Coatings, Powder Pro, Rick Steton qwner of Harrys Machined Parts, Robersons transmisions, and many more people. With out them it would still be just a dream.

Titanium Drive chains? You've got to be kidding. If there was any advantage why wouldn't all the multi million dollar race teams have them on their bikes? They pay Marquez $12 million dollars a season to ride so they obviously have the funds to buy the machinery and tooling required to manufacture titanium drive chains in house if they decided go that route.

A lot of people bought them all up , can't say for sure who or what if any teams , maybe privateer racers / drag racers , but maybe even some top level teams in superbike etc. . You would have to consider the rules for each racing body , to see if it would qualify for use . There are always regulations and stuff to slow down the Moto GP bikes as example , because of how amazingly quick they are , they are always held back to some degree , some way or another . Like for instance , when they were capacity reduced some years back , but now , reverted back to full capacity .
The ti chain was said to be tested as the strongest and lightest available anywhere , and would of been great because the weight of 530 ti chain was lighter than any 520 steel even , and used a new greasing access location in regards to the roller itself . It was also available in 520 and 525 I believe .
Mikes LSR will be running big HP on any chain , and as the ti chain matches or exceeds the steel choices in strength pull , the rotational weight advantage will be awesome , matched with his lightweight Dymags and everything else .

Another day another Sprocket delivery from Fedex... Chain should be here tomorrow, I hope.
View attachment 1583454
This is pretty trivial I know, but just in case somebody asks in the future. The rubber damped countershaft sprocket( shown above) mounts with side shown facing out in most applications that use the threaded holes, on the Hayabusa it does not matter since it doesn't use them. Straight from the guy at JT Sprockets.

Back