2008 rear sprocket question

IRDEATH

Registered
im replacing my rear sprocket, got a new 43t530 sprocket, it doesnt have a company name stamped on it like the stock wich is a sunstar my question comes when i hold the old sprocket next to the old, i notice as you look down on the teeth from above the new one i got from my friend has more of a taper on the teeth, not as wide at the tips of the teeth as my old sprocket.they both state they are 43t530, why would the new one have more of a taper , more of a point to them then the old stock sprocket. is this even an issue. i am installing 8 in swingarm extensions and a new chain, reason why im replacing the old sprocket. im wondering why this sprocket the teeth are tapered, not as wide as the old sprocket andif it will be an issue. thanks for the help
Posted via Mobile Device

As long as it is a 530...you are good to go :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Not an issue and just the individual makers style.
As long as it's a 530 like Ba said your ok.

glad to see i'm not the only one using parts from that site! bought a fuel pump for my k8 when the original kicked the bucket at 25k miles. replaced the original chain and sprockets from them at the same time. havent had a problem since.

glad to see i'm not the only one using parts from that site! bought a fuel pump for my k8 when the original kicked the bucket at 25k miles. replaced the original chain and sprockets from them at the same time. havent had a problem since.

Chain was cheap too...love that site so far. Free shipping rules...:thumbsup:
Sorry if this is jacking your thread some...

thanks for the replys, i figured it would be ok but didnt understand why it would be different, just needed another opinion, thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Back