Sprocket teeth, front and rear?

Speed King

Banned
What is the best amount of sprocket teeth on K8 busa, both front and rear sprocket to give it the best performance?

depends what kind of performance you want ,top speed,acceleration. i was looking at going +2 on the rear but was advised it really shortens your wheel base and was recommended going -1 on the front first as a starting point.im sure there will be more experienced peaple to give advise:beerchug:

depends what kind of performance you want ,top speed,acceleration. i was looking at going +2 on the rear but was advised it really shortens your wheel base and was recommended going -1 on the front first as a starting point.im sure there will be more experienced peaple to give advise:beerchug:

Nothing wrong with a shorter wheelbase. :laugh: I went +3 on my '07 and my chain tensioner was almost bottomed out, I'm -2 now and it's almost topped out. There is a drastic difference in where the tensioner will be but other than being a little more wheelie-prone the +2 or +3 just gives it mad acceleration out of the gate, but as you eluded to, you do lose top end.

Going down in the front causes more wear and tear on the chain as it decreases the radius on the chain as it wraps around the front. -1 front is approximately the same as going +2.6 in the rear.

So in conclusion.... :whistle: If you want better acceleration go up teeth in the rear, if you want better top end (but lower acceleration) go down teeth in the rear or up in the front. If you want better top end and acceleration go down teeth in the back and add a turbo. :thumbsup:

im running 17-45. its a huge leap and with stock height it would be a wheelie monster i think....

Back