Sprocket upgrade??

X005.jpg

Whats the general consensus on front Sprockets? Rubber dampened or solid steel? The Gen 1 OEM sprocket has the rubbers in it like this JT unit. Do they buy you anything?
JTF513-17RB.jpg

I am still running the stock Suzuki 18t Gen2 , but would be willing to run a steel replacement such as Vortex . Probably be good to replace the current one with another factory issue , seeing that I've cooled on the idea of 520 series for now at least .

I kind of came to the same conclusion. Just got my 17t front in the mail today, waiting on my SuperSprox 42t rear and EK ZVX3 chain. Hopefully by this weekend.

View attachment 1583402
I to have just paid for an EKZXV3 in black , and a 47t rear sprocket to run with standard 18t front . I am running a huge 200/55 (6.25"rim) , so want to correct the tall tire , so I end up with 18t / 46t actual gearing or close too . I have been running this tire with 45t , corresponding to stockish gearing . Now I , as others have heard 'Sixpack' recommend this gearing , so I think Six will be happy I listened !!

I am pretty sure this is just paint but my new Supersprox sprocket looks rough as hell. Thinking of polishing the grooves with my Dremel before install. Anyone ever seen this before?
MVIMG_20180711_060026.jpg

It was just paint or powder coat. I expected it to wear off as the chain and sprockets broke in. I cleaned it up a bit with a .45 cal pistol brush in my hand drill. No big deal.

I to have just paid for an EKZXV3 in black , and a 47t rear sprocket to run with standard 18t front . I am running a huge 200/55 (6.25"rim) , so want to correct the tall tire , so I end up with 18t / 46t actual gearing or close too . I have been running this tire with 45t , corresponding to stockish gearing . Now I , as others have heard 'Sixpack' recommend this gearing , so I think Six will be happy I listened !!

Running the EK 3D chain with 18/47 gearing and 200/55 rear tire myself and seems to be a good combination.Have a new Vortex 45T still in the package for when I eventually(maybe)go back to a 190/50.:super:

Running the EK 3D chain with 18/47 gearing and 200/55 rear tire myself and seems to be a good combination.Have a new Vortex 45T still in the package for when I eventually(maybe)go back to a 190/50.:super:
Yes , I got a 45t fitted to my spare BST 6" rim , but with a 190/55 RS10 on it . I am hanging for this chain and sprocket to roll up to the door ... to try it out .

Hi. am waiting for my Ti chain. Now with a Ti Front sprocket 20 tooth and a 36 tooth rear that would be my up grade. That is if I can get the sprockets custom made

Most of us have only really seen a handful of truly impressively built Busas.
I can't ever remember following a build with so many high end aftermarket and custom parts. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Much respect of your abilities sir.

Back