Sprocket Replacement

JOKERJ

Registered
Replaced my front and rear sprockets.  Now it is hard to turn the rear wheel.  I used a torque wrench to 105 lb-ft.  Before I go backing everything out are there any ideas on what I need to check?

The front sprocket is tightened to 105 lbs-ft.
The rear axle has not been tighened fully but enough that it should matter.
The chain is not too tight, even though the bike is up on a rear stand.
The rear rotor is not grinding.

Thanks

(JOKERJ @ Aug. 14 2007,18:12) Replaced my front and rear sprockets.  Now it is hard to turn the rear wheel.  I used a torque wrench to 105 lb-ft.  Before I go backing everything out are there any ideas on what I need to check?

Thanks
Torque is 72.5 ft lbs
wink.gif

How much slack do you have in the chain
rock.gif

Suppose to be .8-1.2 inches of play
beerchug.gif

can you hear the rear rotor grinding like the wheel isnt centered?

I'm just guessing here.

Well I'll just loosen it up. Easy enough. Interesting the manual I have says 105 lbs ft. Does it depend on the year? I have an '00 .

(JOKERJ @ Aug. 14 2007,18:19) No the chain isn't to tight.  Sorry, I meant to include that in the original post.
But the axle nut sure is
zzwhip.gif

(JOKERJ @ Aug. 14 2007,18:22) Well I'll just loosen it up.  Easy enough.  Interesting the manual I have says 105 lbs ft.  Does it depend on the year?  I have an '00 .
All the Busa's are 72.5 for the axles...front and rear
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 14 2007,18:23)
(JOKERJ @ Aug. 14 2007,18:22) Well I'll just loosen it up.  Easy enough.  Interesting the manual I have says 105 lbs ft.  Does it depend on the year?  I have an '00 .
All the Busa's are 72.5 for the axles...front and rear  
wink.gif
Yes , and the counter shaft, is 68.5

Okay, I think I need to clarify. I didn't explain correctly.

The front sprocket is tightened to 105 lbs-ft.
The rear axle has not been tighened fully but enough that it should matter.
The chain is not too tight, even though the bike is up on a rear stand.
The rear rotor is not grinding.

Hope I haven't missed anthing else

If you have the rear wheel over torqued not only can you ruin your wheel bearings but as some one else said check to see if your wheel is out of alignment.

No go with the loose chain.

**** Yes , and the counter shaft, is 68.5 ****

From what your saying GIXERHP the front sprocket is way over torqued at 105

wow.gif
Well, it wasn't when I started and I don't see how it could be. The wheel does turn, just with so good effort on my part.

AAAssjani.gif
 It was the speedo rotor bolt.  It was a bear to get off so I was guessing it was going to be a fight to put back on and ended up torquing it to tight.  I backed it out and the wheel spins.  
pissed.gif

I'm a loser

Thanks for all you help.  I would like clarification on the the torque specs for the front sprocket.  Is it 105 or 68.5?

Rear axle nut 72.5
Rear sprocket nuts 43.5
Engine Sprocket Nut 105

Best I can tell from my manual. The front sprocket on my '06 is completely different.

Back