Special tool needed to pull front sprocket?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I'm replacing front and rear sprockets and chain at 13000 miles, rear is obvious but front sprocket is splined, so not sure if it just slides off or is some sort of pulley tool needed? Thinking it's been there since 2003, might be kinda tight...
rock.gif

Once you get the nut loose, the pulley will just slide off. Be sure to put some blue lock tight back on the nut and torque it down.
beerchug.gif

i dont know if you already have 1 but canadian mike sells the sprocket covers which are just extra protection for the case. they are very easy to install why you have that side tore apart putting on a new sprocket

i dont know if you already have 1 but canadian mike sells the sprocket covers which are just extra protection for the case. they are very easy to install why you have that side tore apart putting on a new sprocket
+1000 I have one of Mikes billet covers. Good stuff.
thumb_up.gif

Tell him I sent ya!
whistling.gif

Take the spedo sensor off, the hex socket in middle, then bust the lagre not sure what size loose with an impact, 28mm - 32mm or something. When it in gear and you use a breaker bar the motor ends up spinning, thats my experience. Both nuts a regular threads, so lefty loose...

Take the spedo sensor off, the hex socket in middle, then bust the lagre not sure what size loose with an impact, 28mm - 32mm or something. When it in gear and you use a breaker bar the motor ends up spinning, thats my experience. Both nuts a regular threads, so lefty loose...
Good info right there... I always use impact gun, never a problem.

Back