Springtime in Iraq

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I got this from a friend of mine this morning. Check out that temp gauge - that's 112 degrees F...in the shade. Amazing what you can adjust to.

21may09 003 (Large).jpg

Well, at least it is a dry heat...

yeah the dry heat is cool get him to send you a pic in august that was the hottes month for us it was about 115 at 1030 in the morning when i would walk by the thermometer lol. The cold over there is what i hate its bone chilling...

And it's not even summer yet! You'll need a different thermometer for the summer time, that one might not go high enough.

yeah the summers out there suck especially when you land out there and dont have a chance to get used to it first....

you know after seeing that i dont think i will ever complain again how hot it gets....

Well, the weather here is not any better, sometimes during the summer we get close to 105 F at midnight!!
nevertheless, ATGATT :thumbsup:

Stepping outside is like getting hit by that wave of heat when you open the oven door to check on the cookies. But without the smell of cookies!

As few have said, it is amazing what the human body can acclimate to.. I barely break a sweat these days on my 105-110degree midday walk to the DFAC(Chow hall). Of course, that may be due to my sweat vaporizing as soon as it emerges.. :laugh:

As few have said, it is amazing what the human body can acclimate to.. I barely break a sweat these days on my 105-110degree midday walk to the DFAC(Chow hall). Of course, that may be due to my sweat vaporizing as soon as it emerges.. :laugh:

Instantaneous Evaporation is infinately better than Spontaneous Combustion!

Back