From Iraq

Thanks for keeping me n my kids safe,and ass hats dont take this to the gutter they are keeping you and me safe.They go were they are told to go
bowdown.gif
 under orders to protect us so we can bash them. Hell no go write your congressman.
+1

biggrin.gif
Just wanted to share a bit of what we are doing. I don't want to provide the "Bad Man" with any OPSEC nor fuel the garbage disposal of election year politics.
pillepalle.gif
For those who think this is about oil, go look at the price of gas, and remember that we have to pay for all the fuel we use here as well.
bowdown.gif
There are some GREAT men and women here doing tremendous things. I mean YOUNG KIDS, 19 and 20 years old managing, running, leading supply chains, personell offices, network centers, etc. It is amazing to see what a culture like ours has done with this "there is nothing you can't do" mentallity.
bowdown.gif

3.jpg

We had an artist come by for a day. His work can be seen on ArtNet.com under Steve Mumford. These are some of the pictures he did with us at COP Hotel.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

6.jpg

bowdown.gif

Not sure if you seen this...they got into some serious trouble for it. Still Funny as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,
Thanks for the pics... I wil have to dig around for some of mine...
I remember meeting you at Sonic - I'll be sending you a PM...

Shawn

THANKYOU TO ALL OF OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN!!!! WORDS DO NOT EXPLAIN WHAT YOU DO FOR US.

Thanks for the pics

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Keep postin' those pics....I am really enjoying them...Thanks Again for what you are doing over there.

My hubby was in the Navy for 12 years, I have some pretty funny pics of him overseas. I wish that I still had my scanner.

and here is the tent I lived in the entire time I was there.....only the middle AC unit worked....and we ran it so hard that the lines actually froze.....then if you look close just to the right of the AC you can see a repaired roof....during a sand storm our Tents roof was ripped from peak to bottom....we had to use a giant laundry pin and 550 cord to repair it...

Tent.jpg

If any of you are having trouble with comprehending the heat just turn your hair drier on HIGH and point it at your face.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

Now I know what a Pork Rind feels like!
laugh.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

I actually fried an egg on my CUCV hood. Tent stakes were so hot you had to wear gloves pick them up.
The Middle East sucks man. I was so thankful when I got back to NH to see rolling green hills.
Thanks for being over there guys, hold it down!
thumb_up.gif

thats hot.....good grief, how long does it take for you to get used to that heat???

SFC Bowers, wish I was still in Mosul so we could have met up. I was there about a year ago for 3 months as acting Motor Sergeant of my MP company. I was living over on the East side (Diamondback), near the DFAC. After 3 months we packed up and moved to our current location of Rustamiyah, Baghdad. I'm out of here in less then 30 days too!

Also want to warn you to be careful about the pictures you post. The Army has really been cracking down on that stuff, mainly because of myspace and retarded soldiers posting things they shouldn't be. I don't want to hear about a obviously respectable Busa ridin' NCO brother getting busted for pictures that otherwise wouldn't seem inappropriate. (No, I'm not signal or anything and I'm not going to narc on anyone, I just don't want people getting into trouble)

SGT McKenzie

Back