From Iraq

Not sure if you seen this...they got into some serious trouble for it. Still Funny as hell.
laugh.gif
THATS GREAT. LOVE IT
ThumbsUp.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
SFC Bowers, wish I was still in Mosul so we could have met up. I was there about a year ago for 3 months as acting Motor Sergeant of my MP company. I was living over on the East side (Diamondback), near the DFAC. After 3 months we packed up and moved to our current location of Rustamiyah, Baghdad. I'm out of here in less then 30 days too!

Also want to warn you to be careful about the pictures you post. The Army has really been cracking down on that stuff, mainly because of myspace and retarded soldiers posting things they shouldn't be. I don't want to hear about a obviously respectable Busa ridin' NCO brother getting busted for pictures that otherwise wouldn't seem inappropriate. (No, I'm not signal or anything and I'm not going to narc on anyone, I just don't want people getting into trouble)

SGT McKenzie
Ahh..when were you at Rusty. I was there from July 07 to Dec 07 before i got moved. Im no longer mil just a contract firefighter. Rusty was great to be at besides the fact that you were constantly keeping an eye out for the closest bunker. I think i ran the 40 in about 4 secs flat the whole time i was there
laugh.gif

thanks for the pictures bud....... i've been to quite a few different places in the desert, but never mosul.

and just another interesting story to share about the weather. for those that have never been, i will tell you that the seasons change very rapidly in iraq. i can personally attest to seeing highs in the low 100's and snow, yes SNOW, within the same 30 day period.

On my last deployment it snowed on April 1st. Yes, April Fools day and it was snowing in Iraq. Who's the fool, huh?
laugh.gif
And at Christmas time the KBR contractors set up a great holliday display. Lots of food and decorations. But what was very ironic to me was the live nativity scene. There was Joseph and Mary with a little baby (doll) Jesus. The wise men were there looking on. Wonderful. So here we are in Iraq. We have Muslims, dressed up as Jews, celebrating the birth of Christ. Hmmm......
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

On my last deployment it snowed on April 1st.  Yes, April Fools day and it was snowing in Iraq.  Who's the fool, huh?  
laugh.gif
 And at Christmas time the KBR contractors set up a great holliday display.  Lots of food and decorations.  But what was very ironic to me was the live nativity scene.  There was Joseph and Mary with a little baby (doll) Jesus.  The wise men were there looking on.  Wonderful.  So here we are in Iraq.  We have Muslims, dressed up as Jews, celebrating the birth of Christ.  Hmmm......
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
laugh.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

awesome vid of the ghost ride..just returned from a 16 month out of Ramadi worked with CLB 6 and 8 and a few other Marines units...

Boy, I have been away from the computer for awhile now. I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July.
beerchug.gif

I will tell you that I was hoping for NO fireworks!
face7.gif

And lucky for us we got NONE!

All is peaceful here. We are fighting the good fight and attacks are down. Me personaly, I am proud of our IA battalion. They are very good, and if they could just get the supply system to work for them we could move on to other things and let these guys go.

I will post some pics real soon. Thanks for all the support and prayers.

race.gif

Picture2.jpg

On my last deployment it snowed on April 1st.  Yes, April Fools day and it was snowing in Iraq.  Who's the fool, huh?  
laugh.gif
 And at Christmas time the KBR contractors set up a great holliday display.  Lots of food and decorations.  But what was very ironic to me was the live nativity scene.  There was Joseph and Mary with a little baby (doll) Jesus.  The wise men were there looking on.  Wonderful.  So here we are in Iraq.  We have Muslims, dressed up as Jews, celebrating the birth of Christ.  Hmmm......
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif
Not everyone native to Iraq is Muslim.
Most of the Iraqi staff on bases are actually Christians.
Even Saddam employed Christians exclusively since they were less likely to stab him in the back.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back