From Iraq

rlbowers3

Registered
I wanted to throw this idea out there for consideration.  I was thinking about sharing some of the pictures from Iraq with the .ORG folks.  I would like to start a thread where those of us that are here in Iraq or Afgahnistan can share our day with you.
winkold.gif

hello.gif

I got the idea when I saw our mechanics taking a picture with a banner from a Les Schwab tire store that they have hung up.  I guess one of them has a friend working at a store somewhere.  They will send that photo home to hang up in the show room.

Maybe,
whistling.gif
 ...just maybe there are some .ORG sponsors that want to get their logo photographed here in Iraq.
thumb_up.gif

shake.gif

thumb_up.gif

Picture007-1.jpg

race.gif

Picture013-1.jpg

thumb_up.gif

I would like to see some pics, kind of gives the rest of us a clue as to what it is really like over there.

Thank you & the rest for keeping me & my family safe.

Here are a few from Mosul.

Picture065.jpg

Taken on the Chinook ride in from Kuwait into Iraq. Ugh...I hate riding in these things.
puke.gif

100_0953.jpg

Once the home of a brother of Saddam right on the bank of the Tigris river. Now the home of US Army MiTT team
laugh.gif

100_0937.jpg

So, you say you have a septic system? Not on city sewer? Well, why don't you just grab that stick over there, NO...the other end!
poke.gif
Yup, c'mon over here and let me show you how this works.

would love to hear view points of the guys in the "know" myself... I am so tired of the slant the press puts on everything I could puke... post the pics, skip the politics and tell us what the people that live there think... something tells me they are for the most part happy we are there (mostly because the press says exactly the opposite..)

BTW, thanks for serving, you and many others here on the org do a lot more than we could ever really know...

guess that is either "poop on a stick" or a barrel of crap and diesel fuel
laugh.gif

This is the Luxo Hotel where we live when we come back on base from downtown.

rock.gif

Picture030-1.jpg

Many of the injuries here come from vehicles rolling over.  The Army spends alot of time and money training us for just such an event.  ATGAT,right?  Try this...

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i106.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/rlbowers3/mittroll4.flv">

Once I get some more photos loaded up on the Bucket I will post them. I hope that other soldiers will post here as well.

Picture047-1.jpg

heck yeah thanks for shareing, thanks for all that you guys and gals are doing over there, we appreciate it....

This is a great idea. I've always thought it was very important to keep this sort of contact. It makes the sacrifices so much more real than reading numbers in the news.

Kind of funny that I see this today, only yesterday I saw in my desk drawer a CD that I received from the father of one of the soldiers who served in Iraq. It was the 2nd 4th of July our troops spent there and this father contaced our restaurant company to see about getting some steaks shipped to his son's unit so they could celebrate the holiday.

He was finally transfered to me (I work in the Food & Beverage Purchasing department) and I was able to get him in contact with the exporter who supplies beef to our Middle East franchise restaurants. It was so cool to see the pictures of the soldiers enjoying their BBQ.

Thanks to all of you who are serving.

Here's mine for the day.  Little tags they put on every piece of laundry you drop off.  Shoot, they wash, dry and fold, all in 3 days.  All I have to do is peel them off...
rofl.gif

tags.JPG

Please don't turn this into a 'political' thread...not the intention of rlbowers3, myself or any others that post pics of the places and things we do while serving our country...
muscle.gif

pics would be awesome but is it a little dangerous posting "behind the scene" pics on the web. Just wondering if these would be useful to terrorists if they saw them. Maybe I'm just being rediculous and stupid
cool.gif

BTW, thank you for your service and be careful
thumb_up.gif

Thanks for keeping me n my kids safe,and ass hats dont take this to the gutter they are keeping you and me safe.They go were they are told to go
bowdown.gif
under orders to protect us so we can bash them. Hell no go write your congressman.

Back