Spraying a little powder tonight

Thanks for all the compliments and advice.
Brought up some good ideas and painting the mid fairings is a great idea pricing the paint from Color Rite its going to be over $250 bucks for 2 quarts of paint :cursin:

Color Rite its going to be over $250 bucks for 2 quarts of paint

Donn,
What are you checking on? 2 qts of just the white? Or total white/pearl/clear ?? Cause if your planning on just doing the inners & nose a qt of color is more than plenty. Cause I sprayed that complete set of gen 1 stuff w/2fenders & 2 undertails with more than plenty coverage with only a qt of color. Now there's 2 qts of just clear over it but that was still a full set. And if it was a color I knew I would be keeping I would've probably put another qt or so of clear just because.
Just curious, no need to buy way more than you need.

Donn,
What are you checking on? 2 qts of just the white? Or total white/pearl/clear ?? Cause if your planning on just doing the inners & nose a qt of color is more than plenty. Cause I sprayed that complete set of gen 1 stuff w/2fenders & 2 undertails with more than plenty coverage with only a qt of color. Now there's 2 qts of just clear over it but that was still a full set. And if it was a color I knew I would be keeping I would've probably put another qt or so of clear just because.
Just curious, no need to buy way more than you need.

Bill
I don't know I am not a painter.
Here are the prices at Color Rite. You were correct, its a 2 part color for the 09's

Base
1/2 pint is 86.95
pint 124.95
qaurt 197.95

1/2 pint is 86.95
pint 124.95
qaurt 197.95

What do I need besides someone to spray it:please:

Well finally got some time away from work and decided to finish powder coating. The rear sets were powder coated in artic white to try and blend in with the tail and I did the front sets, pegs, shifter and brake levers in satin black to blend in with the frame.
I am glad I went with the white on the rear sets and black on the front, yeah? opinions?

35kv5np.jpg

28ltkio.jpg

OMG Donn, that is just absolutely hideous don't ever ask me if I want to ride with you again. I do not want to be seen with a inter racial busa, half black & half white pegs. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Really though, I like it cause it's different. Front pegs blend in and while your riding they'll disappear with your boots and the white rears will flow with the tail and not pop out like the silver or black ones would against the white.

Now all you need to do is PC the bolts/r. caliper black to match,
high temp PC mid pipe & front cap and exhaust will flow right into bike,
Paint your inner panels & nose like you want,
Add some black ASV levers,
Get the wheels PC'd either black or white, I know you were thinking of white but with the inners white it may end up being too much white???,
Or just get some black Marchesini's or CZ's,:whistle:
Get some axle cap covers,
PC the fairing bolts white to match or black to pop,
Then we need to tint them lenses, will look real good on the white :laugh:
Then you need some chinese Galfers to add that extra little style to the wheels,( I went with Chalfers to save you a little coin):rofl:
And PC'd black screens in the fairings has got to be done.

???

Oh, and then let's add some white led's with some kind of pulse modulator that will brighten and dim them so you'll be pimpin at night and when you stop at a light the led's will make her look like she's breathing.

How much money we got left? ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, forgot these,

Driven D3 grips(black rubber w/ white bands),
Harris quick release gas cap in black,
and we gotta paint mirror heads white to match also(white inner dash panels I think will be too much),
and how about this seat cover?

Now how much is left? :laugh:

08 seat.JPG

The power coating looks good, however I went to AutoZone and purchased a $9 can of rubberized undercoating to spray my front and rear sets. It gives it that textured look like the frame and it is highly durable. Have a friend power coated his sets for about $90 and about a year later it started to chip. I painted my the same time and four years later still looking as good as the day I did it. Take a look, in this pic, the undercoating is about two years old.

TheBeast1.jpg

Back