Spraying a little powder tonight

Well I am tired of the silver on my White 09. So I decided to start deleting it piece by piece. Starting with the rear passenger pegs and mount. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with the satin black or not. I decided to coat em in Artic White and coat the pegs in satin black.
Well here it is. I kind of like it, flows with the body work?

14cuoaq.jpg

11c84fq.jpg

i wasn't expecting this. i was thinking snowboarding or cocaine use...

Trying to decide on the front.. Satin black or go with the white also :dunno: Thinking the black will blend it in to the frame since there is no white around...

They look good...have you thought about painting the inners to connect the tank with the side panels? It would look good but I just think of the pain to get the plastic smooth and good adhesion...+ the multi colors scheme.

They look good...have you thought about painting the inners to connect the tank with the side panels? It would look good but I just think of the pain to get the plastic smooth and good adhesion...+ the multi colors scheme.

:goodidea: Thats a great idea. I am trying to get rid of all the silver first.. What would be cool if they had a carbon fiber in black in white. I see your view about the black panels it does kind of clash between the side panels and tank.

Good job:thumbsup: just a thought....have you considered painting the silver part of the fairing white??

White on the rearsets will dull from your boots rubbing them(even with a good pc job).
It won't keep the clean look very long.:beerchug:

Good job:thumbsup: just a thought....have you considered painting the silver part of the fairing white??

Yes I have. Not sure how hard its going to be to match with the rest. Its a 3 part paint. Artic White, Pearl and Clear.
I am not wanting to paint every body part, tank and decals so I am needing opinions on that as well.

Yes I have. Not sure how hard its going to be to match with the rest. Its a 3 part paint. Artic White, Pearl and Clear.
I am not wanting to paint every body part, tank and decals so I am needing opinions on that as well.

Here is an example
uploadfromtaptalk1328671663371.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328671663371.jpg

here's a close up shot of my fronts and rears power coated black to flow with the frame and arm and stuff. The white will def. go dull and show marks from your shoes and yea def. get rid of the silver on the fairings. Full white looks so much better. GL and update once its done.

busa.jpg

Donn, do you have your own powdercoater at home?

I agree replacing silver on fairing for white really makes it 'pop'....

Back