Sponsors with Dunlop Q2 available for preorder?

Jayhawk

Registered
Starting to see some vendors accepting preorders, just wondered if any sponsors here were taking orders for the Dunlop Q2, yet?

What I read about the Q2 is it has had an upgrade to the carcass, the center compound has been upgraded for better mileage and the shoulders have bubblegum stick. Dual compound both front and rear.

There was an article in a recent Sport Rider issue on the Q2. Two Ex-moto GP riders tested them and gave them extremely high marks. Increased their lap times by 3 seconds over the standard Q's. 3 seconds is a substantial increase!

The Q's have been my favorite street tire for some time now. Only reason I am using the BTO 16's over the Q's is the $50 difference in price.

I am anxious to see what everyday users have to say about them. Would love to try a set on the track!

Is Dunlop going to discontinue the Q1's for the Q2's

My guess would be yes. Cycle Gear, for example, had a big sale on these things recently, and now they're listed as out of stock. I suspect they were just clearing the way for the Q2's.

Oh No...here we go with the 200/50 or 200/55 is better thread again.

What are the 200/50 prices running?

I'd be surprised if they make a 200/55 series. A 200/50 is common for street use.

No, actually it looks like kairles is correct. A 200/50 is not available.

Oh No...here we go with the 200/50 or 200/55 is better thread again.

What are the 200/55 prices running?

Seems to be $206.99 I posted a couple links in post # 7

Board sponsors may be able to do better. IDK :dunno:

wonder how they compare to the Pilot Powers 2CT in the areas of
Price?
Mileage?
and Stickyness?

The test I read said it was the best street/track tire available, period. This means it bested the Michelin by a good bit. Things run in cycles. This year it is Dunlops turn to make the newest best tire. It will reign supreme until in a couple of years, Michelin comes out with a new tire to beat the Q2. Regardless, it is supposed to be the best tire by far that you can buy now for the street. All of the guys here who take corners fast will love them!:cheerleader:

Yeah, from what I read the Q2's :moon:spanked Everybody!
I love my Q's and you can bet my Q2 order is in!

The test I read said it was the best street/track tire available, period. This means it bested the Michelin by a good bit. Things run in cycles. This year it is Dunlops turn to make the newest best tire. It will reign supreme until in a couple of years, Michelin comes out with a new tire to beat the Q2. Regardless, it is supposed to be the best tire by far that you can buy now for the street. All of the guys here who take corners fast will love them!:cheerleader:

Yeah but...there is price and mileage...if they last half as long and/or cost
twice as much, does the cost justify it. All three factors are important not
just sticky...the market is full of expensive sticky tires that don't last, already.

Yeah but...there is price and mileage...if they last half as long and/or cost
twice as much, does the cost justify it. All three factors are important not
just sticky...the market is full of expensive sticky tires that don't last, already.

The pricing is very comparable.

Justy,
Totally agree about price to mileage ...but I only average 200 or so a week and Winter up here last from Halloween to Easter!...so a set of Q's last me quite awhile. I've got over 5000 miles out of my current set and they will last until I put her up for the season.

Q2's are going on next April!

Back