Sperm under microscope

Puggle

Registered
Today I saw sperm under a microscope. (I work in a medical clinic).

Not youtube, not google images, not on a pregnancy dvd.... but with my 2 eyeballs pressed against a microscope viewfinder. I saw sperm. And later broadcast on a big LCD screen.

::11

I cannot believe what looks like nothing but gunk in a sample jar, and on the slide, looks like a frickin miracle under a microscope. In that 1 little smear on the slide there were millions of swimming sperm. LIFE EVERYWHERE!

And they stayed alive for............ way longer than people say. 1 hr after the patient 'provided sample' and 50 min of which was looking at it under the scope, they were still swimming strong. Looked like about 20-30% had died.

Oh and I have videos taken by nokia N97 but can't figure out the format conversions etc to get it off that, and on to youtube. Actually it's probably unethical for me to post something like that on youtube. Never mind.

Anyway, a stark revelation. Thought I'd share. There's more going on in this universe than we realise. :bowdown:

First test of the new rules.....

:errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

:hide::

Yes the miracle of life is something I don't think we will ever figure out.
Even more amazing is that only one of those will wind up making it all the way thru to become another human being.

Is it me or did we just get told by the staff on how we are suppose to behave on this site??? Personally I don't find this thread offensive but it seems to me that that there are some "pick and choose" on other posted threads on what is offensive and what is not??? Maybe its just me. (See the org rules)

just think at one point all of us where the strongest fastest swimmers in our group

Is it me or did we just get told by the staff on how we are suppose to behave on this site??? Personally I don't find this thread offensive but it seems to me that that there are some "pick and choose" on other posted threads on what is offensive and what is not??? Maybe its just me. (See the org rules)

Yes rules checked. If you check them yourself, you will see that it doesn't actually come close to breaking the rules at all.

I used to work in a Medical Lab ALSO. Boy those Suckers can sure Swim. It's the Miracled of Life in a Microscope:thumbsup:

you aint kiddin

Okay, I feel a deep need to reveal a terrible thing that happened to me many years ago. I was working as a Lab Tech in a hospital lab. When you get these sperm samples from patients it is for 2 reasons...either they can't conceive a child and the man is getting checked out for infertility...or the guy had his chords "cut" and they want to make sure there is no sperm in the semen. So, the specimens are almost always in a plastic urine cup...one of the techs had already did a sperm count and mobility check on the initial testing...he asked me if I would check the 2 hr motility check...I said sure. Here is where it went poorly for me...The dinkledorf hadn't screwed the lid back on at all. So, completely unaware, I picked up the specimen between the thumb and forefinger and lifted it off the desk top to unscrew it. The cup fell off the unscrewed lid...it hit the desk top and splashed this guy's sperm all over my coat and hands. I was so disgusted I almost vomitted...okay..now I feel better having shared this story with you...:laugh:2hip

Okay, I feel a deep need to reveal a terrible thing that happened to me many years ago. I was working as a Lab Tech in a hospital lab. When you get these sperm samples from patients it is for 2 reasons...either they can't conceive a child and the man is getting checked out for infertility...or the guy had his chords "cut" and they want to make sure there is no sperm in the semen. So, the specimens are almost always in a plastic urine cup...one of the techs had already did a sperm count and mobility check on the initial testing...he asked me if I would check the 2 hr motility check...I said sure. Here is where it went poorly for me...The dinkledorf hadn't screwed the lid back on at all. So, completely unaware, I picked up the specimen between the thumb and forefinger and lifted it off the desk top to unscrew it. The cup fell off the unscrewed lid...it hit the desk top and splashed this guy's sperm all over my coat and hands. I was so disgusted I almost vomitted...okay..now I feel better having shared this story with you...:laugh:2hip

Yes that was disgusting. Hope you feel better after sharing! :laugh:

Back