under armour

Spike

Donating Member
Registered
I saw the discussion on mesh jackets and figured I wouldn't hjack. Someone mentioned "under armour."

What is so different about this than a cotton T shirt? Is it worth the bucks? I have an Alpine Star mesh jacket but bought it at the end of summer last year. I haven't used it in 100 degree + weather yet. Will something like under armour work well?

Thanks folks.

-Spike

Perfect, that is what I was looking for. That and your personal opinion. Thank you DD!

(Spike @ Jan. 05 2007,07:57) Perfect, that is what I was looking for.  That and your personal opinion.  Thank you DD!
I started using UA in Iraq......they're made to pull the sweat away from your body and evaporate faster vice soaking a cotton T-shirt or undies.....

I wear the undies everyday now.....downfall is they are pricey!!!!

Good luck!!!!

DD

Thanks bro,  I am used to wearing nothing but a T Shirt on my cruiser.  This will be my first year actually wearing gear during summer.

Sad I know.  I woke up though after I bought the Busa.  
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info!

(Spike @ Jan. 05 2007,08:03) Thanks bro,  I am used to wearing nothing but a T Shirt on my cruiser.  This will nbe my first year actually wearing gear during summer.

Sad I know.  I woke up though after I bought the Busa.  
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info!
that's great........UA wil definately help with the heat a bit.

you'll appreciate this decision if you ever go down.

DD

ok one more question, how well does it hold up in the wash? I ride every day so imagine I will need a couple. How long do you think it will last washing it every day?

I second DD, I wear it all the time.

The T shirts are far better than cotten, and I use the scull cap under my lid in the summer.

Recently we went to philly for an eagles game and I bought Jess a long sleeve Coldgear shirt and gloves to wear under her jersey. I dont think she wore her jacket all night.

(Spike @ Jan. 05 2007,11:14) ok one more question, how well does it hold up in the wash? I ride every day so imagine I will need a couple. How long do you think it will last washing it every day?
None of my pieces show wear, the only downside is that the UA logo eventually wore off (on the old stuff)

What Heavy said.....

I bought 10 pair last year and they got washed and washed and washed......hot azz dryers in Iraq....

I thought the were gonna melt.......

They have held up for almost a year now and like I said, I wear mine everyday!!!!! None show any wear. They all still look brand new!!!! Great product.

Many websites sell them.....spend some time looking around.  Do a search on Google.  Some places even ship for free.

Take the input, (namely flames, comments and ridicule), and put it ("echo" it) in /dev/null.  /dev/null is the UNIX equivalent to a trash can.

Back