speedohealer help

fast1200gp

Registered
just got done hooking up speedohealer with ext,,, dont have access to a gps actually have one but i lent it out the bike is a stock geared stock tire 3200 miles whats a quick set up.,,,,just a ball park,,thanks just wanna try it out tonight and dont wanna get to involved in it,,also just hooked up and mounted a gator shift light,,TRickkkkkk

go to spedohealer.com use the on line calculator.

(fast1200gp @ Oct. 07 2006,18:12) just got done hooking up speedohealer with ext,,,  dont have access to a gps actually have one but i lent it out  the bike is a stock geared stock tire 3200 miles whats a quick set up.,,,,just a ball park,,thanks   just wanna try it out tonight and dont wanna get to involved in it,,also just hooked up and mounted a gator shift light,,TRickkkkkk
Take about 5% out of it.

With the stock sprockets config, i had to take off precisely 7.5%

race.gif

Just did mine this week, against my GPS @ 100mph on the speedo my GPS showed 92 mph, I used those numbers on there web site, I now feel it's within a 1 to 1.5 against the GPS..... Hope this helped....

all_coholic.gif

More accurate than GPS is the mileage markers on the freeway. Set your Odometer to accurately record the miles and you'll find it more accurate than GPS. GPS doesn't calculate for up or down hill among other things.

rant.gif
 Not to complain, BUT why is the stock speedometer off ? How much is is off ? or does is vary from bike to bike? Seems like Suzuki has had  plenty-o-time to fix that, you'd think ! I guess I could see if you have different profile tires or rims. But if that's the only major flaw. OK, I'll have to take it....

(tinbender0 @ Oct. 08 2006,16:47)
rant.gif
 Not to complain, BUT why is the stock speedometer off ? How much is is off ? or does is vary from bike to bike?  Seems like Suzuki has had  plenty-o-time to fix that, you'd think ! I guess I could see if you have different profile tires or rims. But if that's the only major flaw. OK, I'll have to take it....
All speedo's are off a bit due to speed and tire wear. Say you set your speedo dead nuts on with a new tire. As the tire wears, it gets increasingly smaller in diameter thus changing the distance traveled at a fixed number of rotations. So to keep your speedo correct, you'd have to recalulate every so often.

The other major factor of speedo accuracy is speed. As your speed increases so does the diameter of the tire due to centrifucal force. Thus affecting the accuracy of your speedo.

I try to set my speedo by the mile markers on the interstate at 70 mph. Once it's dead nuts on at 70 mph, I know I'm good to go at that speed and I allow for some variance at higher speed.

Hope this sheds a little light on the subject for you?

(Tufbusa @ Oct. 08 2006,09:51) GPS doesn't calculate for up or down hill among other things.
Phwew! Good thing I live in KS - don't hafta worry about hills!
tounge.gif

(fast1200gp @ Oct. 07 2006,16:12) just got done hooking up speedohealer with ext,,,  dont have access to a gps actually have one but i lent it out  the bike is a stock geared stock tire 3200 miles whats a quick set up.,,,,just a ball park,,thanks   just wanna try it out tonight and dont wanna get to involved in it,,also just hooked up and mounted a gator shift light,,TRickkkkkk
The stock speedo's off by about 7%...that'll get you close. After you get the speedohealer set up its gonna be a little confusing at first......you'll think your speedo's reading low when its actually reading right
wink.gif

Buuut.....when your doing 175 you're DOING 175...man its sweet to know the real speeds. I think the speedohealer was the best investment yet
tounge.gif

You need to GPS your bike or pace another vehicle with a known accurate speedo to do it right tho. Go to your local Big 5 sporting goods store and pick up a Timex arm mounted watch type GPS unit for 75 bucks. Works awesome and makes the speedohealer set-up a cinch.

Back