help blinker

wht_scorpion

Registered
deadhorse.gif
hey guy i have a 2006 hayabusa i just hook up my clear alternatives led blinkers hook the relay up flip open the flasher relay and took the light blue wire and the brown wire and hook them to the relay that came with the lights i got no lights and then i got a burning smell from the relay then smoke what the happen did i hook the light up wrong there were 2 bulb ends coming out of one blinker i use the one that fit my blinker wiring and i cut the other one off and cap it so it would not short any thing out i check the wires that were use to hook the relay to one is ground and the other ones power i jump them just for a sec and still no lights i do have leds in the rear of the bike thats how the bike came with leds in the rear
thanks

Sorry bro, I am somewhat lost. Did you burn up the relay for the signals? If you bike came with rear leds, why not just replace them and not mess with the relay. Did you not want the fast blink without the relay installed?

wont that burn up the lights or wiring
they are the cluster front blinker 4 led in 1 hole and there are 8 hole on these blinkers
thanks

Did you test the lights before attaching the relay?

thanks man i will do that she just my baby dont want her to burn up will the blinker be under a load when i hook it up and they flash fast and i have four ways will that work to

Take some pictures of it, as it sits right now, not working. Take everything back apart as bigbsbusa said and take some pictures of what came in the kit. Post the pictures on here, so we can all see what you did, and what needs to be done. I'm guessing there's no installation manual with it?

Sort of sounds like one of the power wires for one of the signals may have come loose. Have seen that the CA LED lights aren't constructed the best.

your wright gmmech07 no installation manual just got them new on ebay all i got for a manual to tell me how to install relay its all common cents the wire ends look like bulb ends just plug in but then you have a extra end that wont plug in to any thing do you think it could but the led under a load if i ran it with no relay ideas guy thanks guy pic coming friday

I'm not sure. I'm not really familiar with the CA tail light. That's why I asked for the pics. I'll have a better chance at bein able to help you out once you get those up tomorrow. And if I can't help you out, I'm sure someone on here has installed that light before and can help you out. Also, put a picture up on here about how they want the relay wired. I know you said it's common sense stuff, but we've all made mistakes before. Maybe it's something simple. Who knows, but I really need the pics to see exactly what you're talkin about.

Back