Speed at this RPM?

Getn off

Registered
Can't seem to find the answer to this question. I am breaking in my 13 and was planning to make some third gear pulls. 3k wfo to 10k and back. Repeat. Cool. Repeat in 4th gear.
What kinda speeds is this going to be? 10k in 3rd and 10k in 4th, has got to be some silly speeds! Anyone know roughly what these are?
Pretty easy on her for the first 50 then fairly spirited, but under 5k, till now at 140 miles. No constant rpms or speeds. Changed oil and filter, now ready for this last stage.
Thanks, and wish me luck...
Troy

Grip it and rip it.
Hard break ins make more hp.
Rings seat better when ridden hard.
What you're doing is serious overkill, but to each their own:beerchug:

Lol! I figured as much! Maybe I will max at 6k! 8)
Overkill....probably, but hell. Only get one shot to break her in.
Thanks,
Troy

HOLY JESUS CHRIST!!!!!
Just got back from first run. 3rd gear, wfo...planned on hitting at least 10k. Shut her down when my eyeballs started vibrating! Lol
4th gear was even more fun!!! Not sure what rpm, but shut her down as the tach was nearly vertical...7-8ish.
Think I hit roughly 130?! Happened in all of 2-3 secs though!
Damn!
And I thought the 06 R1 was quick!
I knew I shoulda got hooked on crack instead....
Troy

3 miles on the clock from dealer prep. I warmed my 08 up for 2 minutes, rode around the corner to a long straight road, shifted through all 6 gears 1 time nice and easy to test. When I came back, it went like this.

2nd gear, 1/4 throttle 3000-6000 rpm 3x
2nd gear, 1/2 throttle 6000-8000rpm 3x
3nd gear WOT 8000-11000 rpm 3x

I did about 130 tops I think. I know it was over 100.

Roll the throttle on quick but smooth. No need to snap it open.

roll off slow and do a full decel after every pull.

I kept riding it hard as I could gradually getting closer to normal street riding for the next 1000 miles. I had a very strict oil change regimen. I changed at 30 miles (right after break in), 100, 300, 1000 using Spectra conventional oil. It has metalic aditives that will replace the break in metals that get dumped in the frequent oil changes ( I saw very little metal in the oil changes, BTW..really none after the first change). I've been on Suzuki convetional oil ever since. Going to switch to Rotella synthetic now at 10,000 miles.

No problems at all with my busa. I don't know how much better it runs from a race break in. My 08 zx14 was broke in by the book and seems no worse off. But I feel good about a race break in.

Thanks for the insite.
Did another run. Pretty much broke in. I will be a little easy on her for another 300 miles or so anyway.
What a rush that was.
A turbo??? Shade...ur fukn nuts! Lol
Cannot imagine a turbo. Wow.
Troy

I just love how the busa allows anyone who is willing to use its power to settle into riding rather than fighting the bike.
couldn't believe how it was when I 1st max'd out my original gen1 busa....speedo nudging 190 and not even fully tucked in...sublime stability. Gen 2 just gets you there sooner

Just picked up a new '14 with 0 miles, rode it home straight for another 300miles and kinda maintained careful break-in.
When I reached home I noticed some white powdery stuff around the tip of the cans, is it normal?

White powdery residue could be down to the dealer not doing the initial running in process or there could have been something inside the exhausts when they came out of the crate....dealer I use always does the first 10miles and double checks fueling and hunts for leaks etc.
The white needs watched...could be running lean or even the fuel they filled it with at first....worth watching.

You may be right, could be residue from the exhaust, but I'll keep a watch. I was only praying that it was not a blown head.

Back