Something sstrange

dfolta

Banned
I have a 09 Hayabusa and we where riding real hard and fast, I spent most of the afternoon in 3rd or 4th gear turning 8k-10k RPM in the Florida heat, when we stopped to take a break and get some lunch I noticed a check gauges warning and the temp gauge was pegged in the hot. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Thanks

No, not normal...make sure your fans
are coming on...also check your coolant
level.

I have a 09 Hayabusa and we where riding real hard and fast, I spent most of the afternoon in 3rd or 4th gear turning 8k-10k RPM in the Florida heat, when we stopped to take a break and get some lunch I noticed a check gauges warning and the temp gauge was pegged in the hot. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Thanks

Was the engine running? When you first turn the key and the needles do a pre check, it is normal the temp gauge will read on the high end after being turned on again. Should go back to normal readings once the motor is running.

No after running we stopped for some water, I shut the engine down, but left the key one and the temp gauge spiked. and the check gauges came on. If engine is not running the fan shut off. I can hear the fans when the engine is on, and the temp gauge is normal operating temp

It's normal. With the engine shut off, the cooling system is not running.

Normal, as soon as you crank or shortly after pulling off it should come back to normal as your thighs cook :laugh:

Back