hayabusa 2008 in third gear 12000 rpm speed in mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

banditzx10

Registered
hi just had my busa k8 for 12 days now only 1000 miles on her now . was having a quick blast out today we have a slow sweaping bend here . i gave her a blast in third gear pulling 160 mph in third gear is this the normal for the gen 11 in third gear at 12000 rpm

thats what i love about this bike as you say its effortless. 160 in third two up . theres just no stoping this bike . cant wait till forth and fifth now . think the bikes good for 190mph top end

Let that engine get broken in and an oil change before you go off revving it that high....Speed limited to 187...

speed limmited . will be off in three days once the ecu comes back . so there wont be a limmiter on this one . then power commander going on to get fueling sorted

'two up 160 in third gear' ???

As you can see on a genII Busa 9500 rpms is just at 140 on the dial in fourth gear so let's say redline may be 150 or so.
How is it your bike two up will go 160 in third?
3f0771be.jpg

maybe he`cant ride hard . if your trying to say that my bike cant do 160 in third at 12000 rpm with the girlfriend on the back . dont know what to tell you. but i have had the bike to 160 in third every time were out now . maybe yours is a damp firework lol

OK, first off, sorry about your drop today, I share your pain.
For some reason, the Japanese like to build bikes with optimistic speedos and inaccurate tachometers(anyone remember the R-6 17,000+ rpm fiasco?). My tach reads 12,500 when I slam into the extended limiter at 11,800...most are said to be 7-800 high. The stock rev limiter is set at 11,300. The speedometer is known to be right around 8% high, but mine with stock gearing and a 190/50 reads 100 at 93 GPS, but seems to be more optimistic as you go deeper into the triple digits. I'd say 160 on the dreamometer would be an actual140-145 GPS. If you have stock gearing, rear tire, and rev limiter your're not going to be able to go much more than the low 130's GPS, if even that. I'm currently geared +2 on the rear with stock front and on this mornings ride I saw 12,000 on the tach at between 120-125mph on the calibrated speedo and 4th gets me to the upper 140's(147 on the recall). Stock geared Gen 2's at the strip are going thru the traps at 150 or so at the very top of 4th gear. Sure you weren't in 4th-It would add up?

I can hit 180 in 2nd at 22,000 RPM's but I have a TRE!

Talltom writes "Yes that sounds about right. And you have 2 left.

And it's effortless."

2 left? Do you have the 5 speed transmission?

Is this thread serious?

mate i have had bikes for 25 year my mate was behind me today with his zx10 2011 model we both gunned it in third . i pulled away all the way he slipped the zx10 in to 4th as i was pulling all the way . and yes third gear 160 again . am not worried about it thats the least of what am pissed about . i have got a mirror new off ebay new bar ends . i might be lucky and be able to respray the scuffs and get new decals if not its two new pannels for the right side. bloody sick all i do with my bikes is pollish love them too much . just ordered rear sets if i new i wouldent have bothered with them until i get the bike sorted now sick as f.....k

Ugggggh....I hate that feeling! :banghead:

When your feeling better and get a chance, put a GPS 'er-I'll bet you'll be amazed. Sure you don't have a 19T front sprocket? The most I've heard of one being off is around 11%...you may set a new record!

scotland is mph lol
feel better wont feel better until i can find a garage in the morning see if this can be sprayed and plastic weld the small part thats cracked if its going to look like ****e. there will be two right pannels ordered . trying to get the pearl white pannels with the right colour decals is being a pain on ebay . think the scotch whiskeys coming out and the dog a kick in the arse :banghead::banghead:

Ugggggh....I hate that feeling! :banghead:

When your feeling better and get a chance, put a GPS 'er-I'll bet you'll be amazed. Sure you don't have a 19T front sprocket? The most I've heard of one being off is around 11%...you may set a new record!
dont know about the sprocket size as i just had the bike for 11 days . and the bike had 900 miles on clock before i got it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Is your guy already done with your motor build or did you decide against it??

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Since the factory speedo is known to be OFF, may I suggest getting a speed-o-healer then no one can question your claimed speed (pic of instrument cluster like Blanca above should silence the naysayers). Probably after you get repairs done to your bike. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back