Gsteve was happy.....till 2 nd gear

Rizzo

Registered
We did a bunch of roll ons last night. All from about 60 mph. First was 6th. Busa pulled the 12 hard. Way to low in the rpm for the 12. Next was 5th. Same result. 4 to 5 bike lengths fast. 4th gear was the worst..He pulled me hard and fast. Got 4 or 5 lenghths very quickly. RPM's are coming up now as we are now dropping to to 3rd gear. Johnsie guns it and pulls about 2 bike lenghths on the 12 then the 12 comes into it's element and quickly reals in the Busa and just as I was about to pass...traffic. Now I'm smiling cuz I know what's next. 2nd gear...the prm's are in my favor now. We gun it and it's no contest. The Busa gets smoked. I pull him about 2 or 3 lengths and keep pullin from there.

You can sure tell the low end torque difference. He's now geared down a tooth on the front and I'm geared a tooth up.

Had a great time seeing the strengths and weekness' of each bike.

Rizzo

super streetbike just had an article on the Busa vs. GXSR1K and which one is the quarter mile king...

In a nutshell the mag said, although the 1000 had almost the same hp with similiar mods... (Each bike had filter, cams, extended swing-arm, geared -1 front/+2 back, and maybe a few more goodies...) the Busa was running 8.9s with the mods and the GXSR1K was running low 9s. They said although the 1k had similiar horse it was miles away in torque from the Busa which gave the Busa the edge STILL in the quarter...

Sorry man... there is no replacement for displacement all things being equal...
wink.gif

Congrats on the win.
biggrin.gif

Really didn't too much understand who was riding what or what lead what and when...Anyway if the 12 is -1 in the front and the Busa is +1 in the front the 12 should be spanking it's a$$ anywhere...But maybe I read that wrong too...
evil.gif

Those are some Hell of some roll on's. 60mph?? Wow!! my 1st gear is good up to 89.3 miles per hour. Even stock I think is 83, and 2nd is good all the way up to 115mph/ At 60mph I am at idle speed, I would still win but from an idle. Sounds like they were just looking to find away to beat a Busa.... ;D

im pretty sure rizzo and steve are riding buds in canada.and rizzo s 12 is modded ,and he just likes kicking steves arse lol.they play with a r1 also .,STEVE PIPE AND MAP THAT BIKE ARLEADY PLEASE !!!!!!

Hehehe... Im workin on those mods guys !   Trying to find a decent deal on a pipe.  FYI.. I amd dwn one up front and I think the 12 is geared stock now. It was the bus towing the 12 untill we tried 2nd.  Dont mind the lame races.. everytime we go for a ride is one more excuse to open em up.

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089763823 -->

I just re-read it and it isn't very clear is it?

Yes I ride the 12 and Gsteve the bus. He kicked my ass in every gear on a roll on from the same speed except 2nd. In 2nd was where the 12 shines. It comes to life at high rpm's. It's all in fun. Gives us flatlanders something to do. We close our eyes here and 2 hours later we still haven't hit a corner...lol

Oh as long as it is in fun...:D So that is 5 out of 6 times the 12 slips behind the Bus.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Continue having fun guys and let us in on it every so often.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back