Busa vs 12r

gsxr996

Registered
went for a little rip with my buddy on his 05zx12.tried a couple of top gear rolls,bikes have similar mods,pipe,k&n,stock gearing,pc3on 12,tre on busa,our weights are about the same.started at 100kph,60mph,busa pulls ahead slightly stayed ahead 1bike length till 270 when we had to back out.started at 160kph,100mph,12 pulled ahead slightly staying ahead till 285 when i backed out,he was about 3bike lengths ahead.pretty much what i thought would happen,busas a torque bike,12 is a hp bike.but they are awful close.

I was just reading about the 12R on wiki.

In 2000 Japan and Europe were talking about the 300kmh limit for production bikes. For fear of a ban Japan was starting to put limiters on blah blah blah.

On that wiki page though it says the 12R was 4mph short of getting the title from the Busa.

here it is; Suzuki Hayabusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE ya pre production 12s were real fast,but governments got wind of it,so the speed restriction came in.im sure the gen2s and zx14 would be over 200mph with out them::11

Will any of them Busa,ZX12 or 14 in pure stock trim make 200 mph?? I thought the '99 model Busa was like 194ish and the 12 was 191ish?
All of them are too close to each other to matter.

99 Busa ran 197 stock with a little rider. I forget which mag tested it, but since all the bikes 01 and up are limited, it holds the title as fastest stock bike ever. Good friend of mine has an 01 12, we have raced a billion times, they're as even as it gets. When I was stock motored I would jump out on him and he would come around me about 120 ish. The 12 has a way more effective ram air system than the busa, and they pull HARD up top.

:poke: if the Z12 is soo bad, why did my buddy Seven upgrade to a Z14 after he saw how awesome my Busa is? ???:whistle::laugh:

:poke: if the Z12 is soo bad, why did my buddy Seven upgrade to a Z14 after he saw how awesome my Busa is? ???:whistle::laugh:
Same reason people run out and buy any new bike when 99% of people can't/don't use all the power their existing bike has to begin with: Dumbassery. :laugh:

On a different note, I will bet that my buddy's 12 will run your 07 ragged in any contest but a drag race, and he's got a ZX-6 that will wear your bike out in that area :whistle:

well ive owned both the zx12 and the busa.

my zx was the A1 model and it would slaughter this 04 busa no contest.

it handled better too but the busa is a peach to work on and far more economical and the mirrors look better :laugh:

id have another A1 12r but i wont have another busa sorry but that's what ive found having had both.

my old 12r which i sold in september 2010 and the 04 i have now and the k1 1000 which was between them :laugh:

DSC03666.jpg

pondpics002-1.jpg

012.jpg

when getting in this kind of discussion, i just simply think to myself, "I cant convince a Kawi fan to admit the busa is a better bike same as they cant convince me to the opposed." its just another pepsi/coke argument. BTW Busa for lyfe!

Back