Speculation: New Hayabusa

steelhead

Registered
Tango's question was what. Mine is: when and where.

Having said that:

<span style='color:royalblue'>What are the next major motorcycle shows coming up that may most likely introduce a new Hayabusa? Thanks for the great replies. I need specific location info because I can't find it on the internet.</span>

Just speculation.

lurk.gif

How many times do we have to cover this?
guns.gif

The show will be JUNE 27th. I can't remember where at the moment though.

(greyrocket @ May 07 2007,22:flamethrowing:) mines at 25k i want a 2nd one for a turbo  
firedevil.gif
LIKE THIS BEAUTIFUL MACHINE DOESN'T "HAVE" ENOUGH HORSEPOWER ALREADY
rock.gif
?................

Sheeeeeesh.........
rolleyes_extreme.gif

<span style='color:red'>After a quick search on the internet, I couldn't find the June 27, 2007 date for Las Vegas. Where can I find details on this show?</span>

Hayabusa riders in Seoul are interested in visiting America to see the show. Talk about dedication.

Thanks!

SHOCKED.gif
Geezzzzzzz, how much faster can I  
SHOCKED.gif
go with 5 more HP and (maybe
wink.gif
) 25 less lbs. I go way fast enough now and I like the more Lbs to help me counter act the crosswinds out here
tounge.gif
! My Duc is a REAL handfull when riding in winds of 20-30 mph. Actually on the verge of being dangerous on a two lane hwy. But the BUSA is Perrrrrrrrrrrr-Fect  
beerchug.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Why a Wednesday, I wonder aloud? A weekend date and I would have considered being there.

lurk.gif

(Red05 @ May 08 2007,07:15) Why a Wednesday, I wonder aloud? A weekend date and I would have considered being there.

lurk.gif
It's a DEALER only show, not open to general public.

(CCbusa05 @ May 08 2007,09:46)
(Red05 @ May 08 2007,07:15) Why a Wednesday, I wonder aloud? A weekend date and I would have considered being there.

lurk.gif
It's a DEALER only show, not open to general public.
Yeah, I know. Knowiing the right people can be cool
smile.gif

(porterfm @ May 08 2007,05:40)
(steelhead @ May 08 2007,02:13) <span style='color:red'>After a quick search on the internet, I couldn't find the June 27, 2007 date for Las Vegas. Where can I find details on this show?</span>

Hayabusa riders in Seoul are interested in visiting America to see the show. Talk about dedication.

Thanks!
Right here!  I can not wait! Killing me....  http://www.cyclechaos.com/blog/2007/03/28/2008-hayabusa/  
SHOCKED.gif
Thanks for the link!

Hi Folks

Brand-new to the board, and am interested in what the 'Busa community feels a 'new' Hayabusa might be like:

-Performance parameters
-How different it'd be from the current bike
-Styling direction
-Mildly messaged or totally new?
-Normally aspirated, turbo, supercharged?

We're doing a retrospective story on the current 'Busa and would like to include some of your observations about that bike and any new model Suzuki might introduce in the coming years. Obviously, we have no specific info about any of this. But we're curious just the same.

Thanks,

Mitch Boehm
Motorcyclist

(mitchell184 @ May 09 2007,20:15) Hi Folks

Brand-new to the board, and am interested in what the 'Busa community feels a 'new' Hayabusa might be like:

-Performance parameters
-How different it'd be from the current bike
-Styling direction
-Mildly messaged or totally new?
-Normally aspirated, turbo, supercharged?

We're doing a retrospective story on the current 'Busa and would like to include some of your observations about that bike and any new model Suzuki might introduce in the coming years. Obviously, we have no specific info about any of this. But we're curious just the same.

Thanks,

Mitch Boehm
Motorcyclist
The following is all speculation on my part. Anyone's guess is as good or better than mine.

- Performance - Same top speed (the limit will stay). Maybe 2-3 tenths better in the 1/4 than the present ZX-14. More HP (+15) and torque (+10) than the ZX-14.

- How different it'd be from the current bike - Less weight (maybe 20-25 lbs). Probably will meet the new Euro emissions standards (cat). Multiple available maps. Better brakes. Maybe stainless brake lines.

- Styling direction - Not too different. Same basic look (if it looks too different it wouldn't be a 'Busa anymore). Might be more angular but the hump and front fender will stay. Original ('99) copper color.

- Mildly messaged or totally new? - Medium messaged (Yeah, I know it wasn't an option
tounge.gif
) The present motor is bulletproof. It will be tweaked but not totally redone. Head ported for better flow. Maybe a little bigger (1400cc).

- Normally aspirated, turbo, supercharged? - N/A. I don't think Suzuki has the hair to sell a turbo'd Busa. I wish they did because I would buy one. (I wonder if my insurance company would insure me?)
guns.gif

Bottom line: It needs to be the quickest and most powerful. It must look like a 'Busa.

If your looking for some "official" comments, PM "Captain", he's the owner of this site. I'm sure he would have plenty to say. He is the reason we all visit this special place.

Good luck with your research.

Back