Spec changes.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
The bold text are the new numbers. ** = Same on both models.

Engine:
1299cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
1340cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC

Bore Stroke:
81.0 x 63.0mm
81.0 x 65.0mm

Compression Ratio:
11.0:1
12.5:1

Fuel System:
Keihin/Denso Fuel Injection
Fuel Injection

Lubrication:
Wet sump **

Ignition:
Digital/Transistorized **

Transmission:
6-speed, constant mesh **

Final Drive:
#530 chain **

Overall Length:
2140mm (84.3 in.)
2195mm (86.6 in.)

Overall Width:
740mm (29.1 in.) **

Overall Height:
1155mm (45.5 in.)
1170mm (46.1 in.)

Seat Height:
805mm (31.7 in.) **

Ground Clearance:
120mm (4.7 in.) **

Wheelbase:
1485mm (58.5 in.) **

Dry Weight:
217kg (478 lbs.) 218kg (480 lbs.) CA. model
220 kg (485 lbs)

Suspension Front:
Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, 14-way adjustable rebound damping and 13-way adjustable compression damping  
Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable rebound damping and adjustable compression damping

Suspension Rear:
Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, 22-way adjustable compression & rebound damping
Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping

Brakes Front:
Dual hydraulic disc
??

Brakes Rear:
Single hydraulic disc **

Tires Front:
120/70-ZR-17 **

Tires Rear:
190/50-ZR-17 **

Fuel Tank Capacity:
21 liter (5.5 gal.) 19.0 liter (5.0 gal.) CA. model
21 liter (5.5 gal.) 20.0 liter (5.3 gal.) CA. model

More

2008_Hayabusa_features.JPG

I'm glad someone is pointing out the upgrades. After reading the specs Suzuki did exactly what we have been asking them to do for three years.
1. First and foremost make it look like a busa.
2. Upgrade the brakes.
3. Upgrade the suspension.
4. Upgrade the headlight.
5. Loose the shovel off the back end. Which they did it looks like the 14 and 1k where 2 bolts takes the whole back end off and the turn signals are already intergrated.
6. Gear indicator and adjustable rev limiter.
7. More CC's
8. Dual Cooling fans.
9.Upgrade the windshield, which they did by dropping tank height and raising windshield height.

Overall I think this is going to be a very sound HyperTourer. I like it, I don't love it, I will wait a few years to get the bugs out but I will probably eventualy own one. However like most, I was expecting something radically different, that is what disappointed, I wanted to see something never seen before and shinny. But in retrospect I would have been equaly disappointed if they butchered the existing busa image. But Suzuki kept the Busa a Busa and upgraded the exact things everyone has complained about in the last few years. The only real issue that I see that worries me is the increased wheel base. The Busa is already a BUS in tight twisties. Not saying it can't hang with the best of them, but it deffinatly takes a little more effort. I am sure this longer wheel base probably provides a better ride. I am just interested to see what it does for cornering. The increased weight is minimal considering the size of the exhaust with the addition of a Cat. Stip that stuff off and it is probably lighter than the current version. This new model won't replace my 05, but at some point it will probably share some garage floor with it. Suzuki did alright and at least they broke the mold to further the progress on the Busa for the next model line. It does not matter what they came out with this time through, Die hard Busaholics would have had reservations. Our crowd and it's following sound just like the Jeep enthusiasts when the new wrangler comes out. They are never happy in the begining with change. But quickly find the upside and the new model finds it's place in our passion.
beerchug.gif

Never could find a torque spec.

Could just be me being blind.

--Wag--

Yeah, I will have one someday too, when they come out with an all black LE model probably. I think the upgrades were good but not great. I want to see the performance numbers though!

cool.gif

P.

Hey SpeedAdict, thanks for a good objective overview. I like the fact that it's not a radical departure from Gen I....simply because it demonstrates how still relevant Gen I still is, and why would Suzuki leave behind such a competent, popular and functional design? And your list of "most heard of criticisms" is right on....in fact they did listen at that level. My problem at this point (prior to any performance testing) seems to be as follows: 1)apparent one piece fairing 2)"bolt on" appearing rear body pieces 3)not sure about graphics. 4)Not enough effort to remove weight. Take care, Raydog

Thanks for posting that up...

I came in expecting the exact same bike, just new colors, so I'm glad they did indeed do some minor changes and performance upgrades...it was more than I was expecting, just wish the guy that designed the rear hadn't been on crack
all_coholic.gif

beerchug.gif

Rumor ville has the torque to be 110
SHOCKED.gif

If you put your hand over the aft end of the new Busa, cover the exhaust and tailsection, it looks like a Busa.

The only 3 things I wish Suzuki had done better was the tail section design(maybe it'll grow on me), exhaust are way too big(4:2:1 is better), and an overall lighter bike(not heavier).

my 03 has 206hp at the wheel and 116 torque.so a set of cams and a powercommander with custom map and best headers money can buy.should put the bike right there or just a little more than what i have now.and we still have the same swingarm setup so all the aftermarket wheels should hopefully fit this new bike.
bowdown.gif

(silverfreak @ Jun. 28 2007,08:44) my 03 has 206hp at the wheel and 116 torque.so a set of cams and a powercommander with custom map and best headers money can buy.should put the bike right there or just a little more than what i have now.and we still have the same swingarm setup so all the aftermarket wheels should hopefully fit this new bike.
bowdown.gif
I don't think aftermarket will be an issue. I'm sure every company in the bus will be pumping out undertails, pipes and just about everthing we want as fast as they can.

(Cykill @ Jun. 28 2007,08:49)
(silverfreak @ Jun. 28 2007,08:44) my 03 has 206hp at the wheel and 116 torque.so a set of cams and a powercommander with custom map and best headers money can buy.should put the bike right there or just a little more than what i have now.and we still have the same swingarm setup so all the aftermarket wheels should hopefully fit this new bike.
bowdown.gif
I don't think aftermarket will be an issue. I'm sure every company in the bus will be pumping out undertails, pipes and just about everthing we want as fast as they can.
Im sure you are absolutely right on that.All the little elves will be working there little a$$es off to keep up this year.
wow.gif

It's funny, if you read all of our input, comments, etc. and put it on a time line...it goes from rejection to anger to criticism to tolerance to some level of understanding to optimism and possibilities.........................Maybe the damn bike isn't that bad after all! Raydog

Back