New GSXR 1000

Nemisis

Registered
The 04 GSXR ran the 1/4 in 10.10. The Busa ran in in 9.88 with Shine riding it. The 05 GSXR is lighter with a larger motor. I doubt it got slower. See the specs:

Specs
Engine: 998.6cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
Bore Stroke: 73.4 x 59.0mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Ignition: Digital/transistorized
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2030mm (80.0 in.)
Overall Width: 710mm (28.0 in.)
Overall Height: 1130mm (44.5 in.)
Seat Height: 810mm (31.9 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1405mm (55.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 166 kg (365 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Suspension Rear: Link-type, gas/oil-damped, fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Tires Rear: 190/50-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 18 liter (4.8 gal.)
Color: Blue/White, Black/Gray, Black/Yellow

The gap is definetly getting smaller and the 1000 has better braking and handling.

This is nothing new. Equal riders in the real world? I think the Busa will have the advantage in a straight line from a dead stop due to it's wheel base, Extra Torque, and weight. BUT Put a chickensh!t on the throttle of either? Who knows. It's close enough that it will really depend on the rider Absolutely!

suzuki went crazy on the gsxr1k engine this year. i completely expect them to be the hp king of the liter bikes and probably have more rwhp than the busa. it will still be down a bit on torque though.

in a roll on i think it might get ugly and be so close that the rider would be the sole determining factor.

1/4 mile i would say the bus still has the extra weight, torque, and ability to put the power to the ground in its favor.

*edit- you beat me to it revlis. didn't see your post.

<!--EDIT|luckydevil
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095212837 -->

I don't think we need to worry about it with that Ugly a$$ pipe on the back of the 1K. Looks like the old nuclear (SP?)reactor pipe of the mid 80's. Dont care HOW fast it is..........its freakin butt ugly!!!!! Bad thing is the wife was shocked I didn't buy a 1000 this year to add to the collection.....now I wish I did........I think I hear a ZX-10 calling my name.

forget the zx-10 and go ghetto.... with 280+ rwhp... you will sh*t yourself... and not NEED another bike.

plain and simple, No!!! I don't get all these 'worry' posts. are we adults (i'm assuming we're all adults here) that insecure? bottom line is get the bike you want even if it's not the busa to solve what ever you're looking for.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>GSXR-1000</span>

New Engine:

<ul>
[*]Larger displacement 998.6cc 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine for increased power, torque and acceleration - includes several features to reduce friction and reciprocating mass
[*]Improved electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve System (SDTV) - maintains optimum air velocity in the intake tract for smooth low-to-mid rpm throttle response and high torque output - includes Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS)
[*]Compact double-barrel throttle body design with larger 52mm bores for improved power, plus narrower pitch between outer and inner bores - allows use of narrower airbox, fuel tank and bodywork to provide more room for rider's knees/elbows
[*]Twin injectors per throttle body for improved throttle response and acceleration - primary injector operates under all conditions while secondary injector operates under high rpm/heavy load conditions to further increase engine output
[*]New cylinder head features larger 30mm intake and 24mm exhaust ports, plus smaller combustion chamber and higher 12.5 :1 compression ratio for high power output
[*]New Titanium intake and exhaust valves with larger 4.5mm stems for increased strength - valves are lighter overall permitting a 1000 rpm higher engine redline
[*]Lighter weight forged pistons featuring chrome-nitride coated upper compression and oil control rings to reduce friction and improve sealing
[*]New reinforced crankshaft and chrome-moly connecting rods, plus recalibrated balancer shaft for dependable high rpm operation
[*]Back-torque limiting clutch allows smoother downshifts, plus new rack and pinion operating system provides more positive clutch feel
[*]Closer transmission gear ratios for improved acceleration, plus redesigned shift forks for smoother shifting
[*]Larger trapezoidal-shaped radiator improves cooling capacity 17% without increasing frontal area, plus new compact cooling fan design further improves efficiency - system includes high-capacity radiator-type oil cooler
[*]New Suzuki Advanced Exhaust System (SAES) - all titanium system designed and positioned to keep mass low and close to the centerline of the machine, plus decrease drag and increase cornering bank angle
[*]Suzuki Exhaust Tuning System (SET) regulates exhaust pressure waves to suit running conditions and maintain optimum engine torque
[*]ECM-controlled PAIR (Pulsed-AIR) system - operation based on throttle position and engine rpm to reduce HC, CO and NOx emissions
[*]New-design generator is more compact and supplies power to a lighter and shorter maintenance-free battery - ECM is also narrower and shorter for weight reduction
[/list]

NEW CHASSIS:
<ul>
[*]More compact overall chassis dimensions including shorter reach from seat to handlebars, lower footpegs, shorter/narrower fuel tank, 20mm lower seat height - all designed for improved rider comfort and mobility
[*]New wind-tunnel-developed bodywork with reshaped vertical headlights, repositioned ram-air ducts, plus turn signals integrated with mirrors and tail-section - reduces frontal area by 4% and drag by 5%
[*]Bright 55/65W headlight and reshaped taillight with new clear external lens
[*]Redesigned instrument cluster features an analog tach with rpm indicator, digital speedometer and new gear indicator - also includes LCD odometer-tripmeters, coolant temp., clock and EFI diagnostics
[*]All-new lightweight aluminum frame with combination cast and extruded spar construction for precisely calculated rigidity - frame design concentrates engine mass more toward the center of the machine for improved handling
[*]Braced aluminum swingarm is lighter weight with improved rigidity - right side arm is shaped to tuck in the exhaust for improved cornering clearance
[*]Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork features Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coated stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve response - includes cross-mounted steering damper
[*]Fully adjustable piggy-back shock absorber with more linear rate linkage system for improved suspension response and feedback
[*]Radial-mount four-piston front brake calipers with larger 310mm rotors and new radial-mount master cylinder for improved lever feel and feedback
[*]Bridgestone radial tires mounted on new cast aluminum wheels featuring redesigned, thinner spokes with optimized wall thickness to reduce unsprung weight
[/list]

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>GSX-1300R</span>

NEW FEATURES:

<ul>
[*]Headlight switches off during startup to reduce load on battery
[*]Turn signal lens color changed to white for improved appearance
[/list]

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>...</span>  

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>GSX-1300R</span>

NEW FEATURES:

<ul>
[*]Headlight switches off during startup to reduce load on battery
[*]Turn signal lens color changed to white for improved appearance
[/list]

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
Hard to improve on perfection!

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1074"|1095218845 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

I think the site writes the size attributes incorrectly.

Here are links to the attached images above to see full-size without distortion:

post-6-22182-2005gsxr1000_smb.jpg

post-6-22207-2005gsxr1000_smc.jpg

I have much bigger versions of the same pics, busa ones as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares just ride. Dayum the new 1000 is looking ever so sweet. I may just have to put a deposit on one. But on the other had the all black 05 R1 looks money.

I don't think we need to worry about it with that Ugly a$$ pipe on the back of the 1K.  Looks like the old nuclear (SP?)reactor pipe of the mid 80's. Dont care HOW fast it is..........its freakin butt ugly!!!!!  Bad thing is the wife was shocked I didn't buy a 1000 this year to add to the collection.....now I wish I did........I think I hear a ZX-10 calling my name.
Bah, How long do factory pipes stay on anyway? Just a quick trip to the tuners and all is better...

Suzuki obiously pooled together ALL it's resources to create the K5.

Engine by their racing department,

Chassis by some highly paid ex Nasa engineer,

Exhaust by someone from their scooter department.

Back