zx-14 200hp

I agree, 95% wont be able to use it...and most cannot use all the Busa's power either like MJN said.

The Gixxers , R1s and other SS bikes will remain the squid bikes of choice though....the more stealthy kind
of squids buy Busas and ZX14s.
smile.gif
They may have all the gear and do everything right except for one minor detail...they cant ride.

..ok besides all the H.p. fantasy .. n "hopefull " estimates .. why are they only using a .. ( 4 ) pad floating disc. in the front and a single in the rear .. the dam thing has to " weight " more than a busa .. or did it say that a .. " anchor" ...was optional ..
smile.gif

I agree, 95% wont be able to use it...and most cannot use all the Busa's power either like MJN said.

The Gixxers , R1s and other SS bikes will remain the squid bikes of choice though....the more stealthy kind
of squids buy Busas and ZX14s.
smile.gif
  They may have all the gear and do everything right except for one minor detail...they cant ride.
I must agree with you.

It says "estimate".

Let's see what happens when some magazine reviews etc. get it on a dyno.
magazine dyno! yeah right. mags get <span style='color:red'>ringer</span>bikes. lets see what happens when one of your buddies gets his ran at the local shop. I think that is a better indication.

Yep, all important "weight" factor is missing. Let's see, only ~50cc more displacement than the Busa, throw in a good measure of advertising BS (200hp, etc), ugly aerodynmanics, and the full list of specs missing. Should be an interesting test!

I'll laugh my ass off if the '99-'05 Busa's beat it!
laugh.gif

is the article I spoke of in my previous post.

Also, I don't see why that number is so unbelievable. A few years ago, no liter bike was close the the Busa in HP. Now not only has the K5 caught it, but passed it. Also, Kwaq was able to get 162HP out of their 12. With an extra 153cc's (considering it was actually 1199), 192 may not be exact, but I don't see why it can't be close.

In any case, its a Kawasaki. If you shoot a turd out of a cannon, on-lookers would say "Wow! Did you see that fast piece of crap!" The 14 will get similar responses ...

6 years of evolution 50 more CC for power The Busa cant stay the same and be king forever. People on this board have been saying it for years Busa needs 10-15 more HP minimum and 30-50 pounds taken off of it and it should have been done in the platform it is in already. I dont think 200 is a real number considering I went to there site and it has the same exact specs in order with no thing for HP. I would expect 175 -180 RWHP from it and I bet it has better Aero than the Busa also. Expect Suzuki to do something for 07 maybe but arent Kawi and Suzuki owned by the same company now, I know there dirt bikes are now crossed platform.

Well the ZX-12 put out a real 165hp , why is it so hard to believe the 14 might put out 200hp?
The torque was pretty low for those kind of numbers.....

Only speculating on the 200 HP at the rear tire comment. Don't disagree that we will see 200 HP bikes for sale from a major manufacture soon.

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128022756 -->

Back