Sorry for beating a dead horse

(BusaWhipped @ Jul. 06 2007,06:42) I went from underpowered cruisers to the Busa.  Respect the bike and you'll be fine.
+1
I came from a cruiser too. Just be smart about it and you will be fine.
beerchug.gif

I have both a 2005 Busa and a 2002 Electraglide classic. Riding the Busa made me a better rider on the Harley. You just have to understand the limits of the
Harley.

Get the Busa and respect it. If you haven't already, go and have a sit on the GSXR1000. It's a great looking bike but I would get cramped on it. If you aren't into corner carving, the Busa is gonna be a better scoot for you. If you like to throw bikes into turns, get the Gixxer.

Buy it. You're not a kid, and you know what you're getting.

I bought my Busa in June 2006, my first motorcycle at the tender age of 46.
smile.gif
Rode it in my two street neighborhood for two days to get shifting and braking and turning accustomed to, then ventured out to town on backstreets, then into traffic and highway. I now have scratches on my fairings from leaning it over as far in corners as it can go, and I'll never be without a Hayabusa!

Buy it. Post LOTS of pictures since it'll be one of the first 2008's.

P.S.- Mode selector will be an enormous help when you start with it. In "C" mode it will have (guessing) 30-40 less HP to get used to the bike, "B" just softens the hit when you get on it in lower RPMs (maybe save you a wheelie and a ruined pair of shorts!). "A" mode is "Just you and me God" because everybody else will be behind you.
biggrin.gif

P.S.- Damn, almost forgot-

Beating_a_dead_horse.gif

Oh, this is what happens when you find out how this beast handles in the twisties...
biggrin.gif

Fairing2.JPG

Ok I got to get in on some of this!
post-6-31292-beating_a_dead_horse.gif
A bike is just a machine that you control! Harley, zuki, can have idiots on em. The last trip to TWO's Ga we (us sport bike riders) blew by a rider on what looked like an older narrow glide on some twisty's called wolf pen
rock.gif
Pee peed him off! He pasted even the fastest rider promptly in some of the twistest of it. I think my $$ would have to be on him running the dragon, even if he were riding against maybe even the Vman
wow.gif
I had my bike for a year B 4 I found out what the blast this bike has after 7500 rpm's.
beerchug.gif

Thanks guys

Im in southern illinois in a small town called West Frankfort. Just south of Mount vernon.

Im not planning on being a cornor craver yet but who knows what lays ahead.

(blazzinbird @ Jul. 06 2007,08:45) Thanks guys

Im in southern illinois in a small town called West Frankfort. Just south of Mount vernon.

Im not planning on being a cornor craver yet but who knows what lays ahead.
Exactly.

Pick one up and you never know what part of your perspective on riding may change.

I bought a Busa after only owning a Harley for many years. I still have the Harley and enjoy both bikes. I have the best of both worlds (imo). These are two very different bikes and you will notice the difference immediatlly. Not only in the power of the Busa but also the riding position. It takes a little getting used to but you will fall in love with the Busa as I have. Go ahead and get the bike and as it has been said, respect the machine and ride within your limits and everything will be fine. Just remember that this new bike is a land missle and deserves all the respect it commands.........   Be Safe..........

IMG_0008.JPG

(blazzinbird @ Jul. 05 2007,22:46) Ill probally end up going on some long rides to variours land marks or events. Some hgh way riding to work 30 miles each way

Im not a speed freak barley go over 70 on the interstate

I know to respect the bike or it will bite me.
Oh I attend to rack the miles up on it fast. Im not spending 12k for a garage decoration
Ok as you can tell this bike is highly capable at just about any form of riding you can name. If necessary it will troll all day long in traffic (maybe with some Engine ice or Water wetter) and she can be wicked as hell when and if your ready. But the Busa is possibly the most forgiving bike of its kind. If it isn't as comfortable as you'd like that is easily addressed. If you want better braking or handling also easily remedied. When it comes time to make it go fast the sky's the limit on this baby! And as you can tell there will be no shortage of helpful folks here to wisely help you decide how to (and often how not to) spend your hard earned time and money! Just do it !
beerchug.gif

Lots of former cruiser riders on this site. You may want to check out the pricing on the remaining 07 models. You should be able to find one in the low $9K range. Get one now so you can get some riding in this summer, and we will pick you up on the way to the busa bash. We go right through Mt. Vernon!

PS: The busa is not a corvette on two wheels. It's more like an Indy car on two wheels.
race.gif

(Shibumi @ Jul. 06 2007,07:18) Oh, this is what happens when you find out how this beast handles in the twisties...  
biggrin.gif
Or if you weigh 300+ w/ stock suspension setup.
laugh.gif

I started out on harleys mainly because of the name, moved to VTX1800 because of the quality and ease of modding, then moved to the GL1800 goldwing because of comfort...never been on a sportbike my entire life, then bought a busa almost two month ago and I love it! granted, this bike can be intimidating, but as long as you have respect for the machine, understand and accept your abilities and limitations, you'll be fine. Get one, you don't regret it...
super.gif

(Shibumi @ Jul. 06 2007,01:18) Oh, this is what happens when you find out how this beast handles in the twisties...  
biggrin.gif
technically.. I think thats what happens when you have the suspension set up improperly in the twisties..

but hey.. yer havin' fun and obviously your used to it so don't mess with it.
wink.gif

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 06 2007,13:37)
(Shibumi @ Jul. 06 2007,07:18) Oh, this is what happens when you find out how this beast handles in the twisties...
biggrin.gif
Or if you weigh 300+ w/ stock suspension setup.
laugh.gif
I weigh 170 dripping wet...
wink.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I started out on a cruiser (2000 Honda Shadow 750), then moved to a standard (2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom) and then hopped on the king (2007 Suzuki Hayabusa). You can see my progression moved gradually away from slow and heavy cruisers. Notice how I skipped right over the entire race-replica segment (R1, R6, ZX-6RR, GSX-750R, CBR-1000RR, etc.). I knew there was nothing about a race-replica that would create a comfortable ride for me as I commuted to work on nice days, or casually rode around town on a run to the bank or something. That's how I came to the Hayabusa. It has practical real-world comfort built right in. It has supreme performance too, but you're responsible for how that's used. It's not the gun that kills, it's not the bike that speeds. It's all in the user! If you want to consider an intermediate bike before you hop on a Hayabusa, get an Yamaha FZ1 or a Bandit 1250S. Both those bikes are every bit as comfortable as a cruiser, but have at least double the HP. That should help you get used to the type of jump you'll be taking when you go up to the next level when you're ready. Good luck!

If you want to carve a little quicker and do stunts like wheelies and stoppies easily, then get a GSXR1000. It is not as comfortable as a Busa though and if you like riding for hours, the Busa is a better choice.

I have a cruiser and a Busa, but now I feel like I need a 1000 machine to do wheelies on... WTF when will I have enough toys?

Get a Busa and you will not be disapointed. It is a sport that will pull duty as a tourer all day long.

Cheers.

My two bikes:

DSCN3779.jpg

One of the best things about the Busa is, it's like having two bikes.

Under 7000 RPM, it's a suprisingly tame bike.

But above that, it's a whole new ball game my friend !!!!!

I got my Busa in August of last year, I had know idea what was between my legs for at least a couple of months. Between break-in, and just getting used to it, but once you find out as they say "where the DEMON lives" I think O.J. said it best,"LOOK OUT"!!!!!!!!!!

70 MPH, HA.........................HA......................HA !!!

Back