Sorry for beating a dead horse

blazzinbird

Registered
I just have a question. I am about to start saving for my new bike. I want a busa in every way possible.

Ive rode harleys for a few years now, but is it wise to go from a under powered over priced chrome vibrator to a fire breathing beast from hell. ok enough of that

In your openion

Would it be wise to just be a damn man get the busa or should I go for a gixxer for a few years.

I ask you guys because you know this stuff, I know it will also come down to me comfert level as well.

I just dont want to get a bike and be unhappy with it. A busa is my vette on 2 wheels.

with the new 08's having the mode selector is that good or bad.

Need more info! How are you going to ride it? How far, how often, how fast. What are your expectations?

Ill probally end up going on some long rides to variours land marks or events. Some hgh way riding to work 30 miles each way

Im not a speed freak barley go over 70 on the interstate

I know to respect the bike or it will bite me.
Oh I attend to rack the miles up on it fast. Im not spending 12k for a garage decoration

After not riding for 30 years I bought my Busa 09-06. The salesman barely let me ride my bike home he wanted it trailered home and was going to do it for no charge. I rode it home and followed the break-in procedure in the manual. After that I went to WVA and rode with a bunch of great guys in the mountains. I was pathetic, but the guys cheered me on and waited for me at stops and turns.

I will probably never get full use out of this bike because I don't have the mad skillz required.

Buy what you want and just take some time to get to know the beast before you unleash it.

1 thing I like about this site. it isnt over populated with kids. If I posted this on sportsbike.net id get flamed so hard, telling me im stupid ect.....

More mature answers here.

i think it comes down to how responsible you are...you have ridden for a few years now so you should know the basics...if you can maintain wrist control and not twist it open until you get more experience under your belt with this kind of machine, you should be fine

what part of IL are you from?  we have members scattered all over the state
beerchug.gif

I also rode Harleys ('02 FLHR, '00 FLHT, '95 FLCTC) and a bunch of sport bikes in between (GSXR-750, FZR 600). Moving up to a Busa felt very natural for me. I say GIT R DONE!

(blazzinbird @ Jul. 06 2007,01:52) 1 thing I like about this site. it isnt over populated with kids. If I posted this on sportsbike.net id get flamed so hard, telling me im stupid ect.....

Yo' mama!

laugh.gif

Realy it is more about how responsible you think you are. Personaly I am worse on the 750, 600, 1000 cc's (and less comfortable) than I am on the busa. Those lighter bikes almost makes you want to be an a-hole. My liter bike friends make fun of me when I tell them I could never own a 1K because I would kill my self or get to many tickets. The reply is normaly "BUT YOU OWN A BUSA!!!" they just do not understand. As I think no one does if they have not ridden the Busa. It realy is a very tame bike. All day long poopin along is fine. But when you want to go man you better be holding on and "not driving against the rotation of the earth per FAA regulations" because you are going to go. The smaller bikes in my opinion are not any fun unless you are braking the law, in some way. Lord knows that they are not comfortable for me. So if you think that you can keep your wrist from twisting then get the busa man. But don't think that the statement "Im not a speed freak barley go over 70 on the interstate" is going to be a ture statement forever. The busa kinda wispers to you going down an abandoned road/highway, kinda like "pssssttt. ... come on man there aint no cops right here, just a mile or two, twist that right hand just a little....or just a lot." Good luck man and be careful. Remember if you buy one to post pics. it's the rulz
beerchug.gif

I say to you, "get the Busa." Sounds like you are responsible enough to know your limits. As stated before, just take it easy at first, the bike has mass power but is predictable. It's not like you twist the throttle a 1/4 inch and the bike is 200 feet in front of you as you sit on the ground scratching your head
tounge.gif

As far as barely breaking the speed limit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......................that will surely be but a distant memory of your former self. This bike is so stable at speed that you will be thinking you are cruising at maybe 80mph only to look down and realize you are going 100+.

I guess the mode selector you asked about would be useful in rainy or slick conditions, don't really know, but that is what I would surmise.

(NightCrawler @ Jul. 06 2007,00:29)
(blazzinbird @ Jul. 06 2007,01:52) 1 thing I like about this site. it isnt over populated with kids. If I posted this on sportsbike.net id get flamed so hard, telling me im stupid ect.....

Yo' mama!

laugh.gif
Oh yeah, yo Pappa too
biggrin.gif

Just kidding.
firedevil.gif

What's a Harley?
all_coholic.gif

As long as mild social ostracism is OK with you, then you will never miss it. Unlike the old days, I know that most Harley's make it off the line and last well and a long time.

Same here. You get the cult following, a division pretty much on it's own (although I have heard of them... I have yet to see a 14 in my area), and the best thing in my opinion. You split the sets. You can cruise with the cruisers and sport with the sporters. And that is exactly why I bought it.

As for what you need? That's up to you. I spend (on average) 3-6 months on any big ticket decision looking at every thing about an item. But the difference between me and some, is that when I buy it, I have yet to be dissapointed. My car is a POS, but it's 11 years old, and the engine is still flawless, so I am doing the same thing with a new car. Looking at all options, and test driving them all.

So as long as you do your research and talk to people, you will make the right decision. I talked to every Busa rider I ran into for a long long time, asking them all of the questions that were important to me. In my case it was ride distances, mechanical durability, etc. Not how fast or how pretty. Those are resolved and easily found. It's tough to quantify the quality of the ride unless you actually get to sit on them and ride them.

(BusaWhipped @ Jul. 06 2007,06:45) I almost forgot
Dead_Horse.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I came here looking for more horse beatings. Just one pic? Oh well.
You sound like you would be responsable. So go ahead, get one. If you decied you don't wanna keep it. If you get one early enough when they are scarce. Resale would be pretty good. Might even break even.

laugh.gif

I had an 1100 Vstar Classic (cruiser) with about 55 horsepower when I traded up to the Busa.

It can be done. Just be careful and get used to the power before you go thinking you can handle the beast. If you are a mature rider, not age-wise but brain-wise, then you should have no problem.

Back