Horse power question

legionaire

Registered
What is the HP. rateing for a stock 05 Busa in the USA? Does anyone know how Suzuki governs the Busa in France? Incase you all are wondering what I am talking about in France they have a maximum HP. law for motorcycles (106 hp.) Now after you buy the bike you can do whatever you want to it but when it leaves the dealer new it has only 106 HP. When the R1 first came to France (I lived there for 10 yrs.) Yamaha governed it wisely, they just put in a bolt that somehow blocked the throttle so you could never use more then the 106. Yhe dealers were more then willing to show you how to remove this and get it's full potential!! On the other hand Triumph built motors just for france, different pistons cams etc. (very dumb in my opinion!) so to make my 1200 Daytona up to the true factory specs I would have had to change just about the whole motor or buy a salvaged one from england. (I did the latter) So a question to any french owners why would you buy a busa in France and get beaten by everything that 1 litre and lighter? or does suzuki make this an easy fix the way Yamaha did?

I don't know about restricted motors overseas, but as far as I know, a stock busa should put out about 150-155 hp.....significantly over 106
sad.gif

To restrict Horsepower in some Race cars. There is a intake restrictor plate between the carbs or throttle body and intake manifold.
Don't think Suzuki bothers to redesign anything exstensive. To comply with different regulations..

legionaire, The busa is the same the world over... about 155 at the Rear Wheel, 175 at the crank... As quoted on http://www.suzuki.be (There is a French Version in that Site). So, from what I get to understand... I dont think its restricted. But cant be too sure.

legionaire, The busa is the same the world over... about 155 at the Rear Wheel, 175 at the crank... As quoted on http://www.suzuki.be (There is a French Version in that Site). So, from what I get to understand... I dont think its restricted. But cant be too sure.
Well I lived there for 10 years and know that the law limits the hp on bikes to 106. My 1200 Daytona should have had 147 hp but didn't. If you go to Suzuki France web site the bike is listed as 106 hp. They must do somthingthat is easy to change like yamaha otherwise it would be useless to buy the Busa in France

Back