MOTO GP Spoilers - France

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
chris vermeulin won the motogp race in france on the new 800cc bike.
i was begining to wonder if suzuki was ever going to win again.
maybe things are looking up for the suzukis now. i hope it just wasnt the conditions. they were brutal.
hayden busted his a** hard with 3 laps to go. hope hes ok

i actually saw a busa on a suzuki commercail during the race. its the first time i've seen one advertised during a race

dude....

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>DONT PUT SPOILERS IN THE DAMN MESSAGE TITLE/SUBTITLE</span></span>

uuurgh.......

pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
ukliam3.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

sorry... i fugured people who wanted to see it watched it already. i was so darn excited i couldnt help myself

Yep.. the weather had a lot to do with the outcome. The way Stoner is riding that darn Ducati is amazing !!!!!!!!!!!
Hayden is having all kinds of bad luck this season .... STILL, there are a LOT of technical circuits left so anything can happen.

Time for Rossi to put his game face back on.
lurk.gif

Geeezzzzzzzzz, Edwards goes from POLE to Last
wow.gif
 in the first 1/2 mile. Anybody know what happen
rock.gif
. Because when he changed bikes, he still didn't manage to do anything except finish last. Even with lots of people crashing
wink.gif

Glad I watched it already. You can get flamed to a crisp around here for posting race results without a warning!
AAAssjani.gif

(bigoltool @ May 20 2007,14:10) Glad I watched it already. You can get flamed to a crisp around here for posting race results without a warning!  
AAAssjani.gif
I really don't understand why
wink.gif
, because the race is already over and no matter how much you pull for someone, "IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING"  
laugh.gif

And if you don't want to know anything, JUST DON'T LOOK  
SHOCKED.gif
at any thread with the race or title of some race kind in it !

"Can't we all just get along"  
jump9.gif

(DaCol. @ May 20 2007,14:28)
(bigoltool @ May 20 2007,14:10) Glad I watched it already. You can get flamed to a crisp around here for posting race results without a warning!
AAAssjani.gif
I really don't understand why
wink.gif
, because the race is already over and no matter how much you pull for someone, "IT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING"
laugh.gif

And if you don't want to know anything, JUST DON'T LOOK
SHOCKED.gif
at any thread with the race or title of some race kind in it !

"Can't we all just get along"
jump9.gif
I aint the one to flame him. I was just speaking from personal experience. I posted something one time without a disclaimer in the header and some folks came unhinged about it.

Not cool posting the info like that. That's a serious spoiler.

+1 on spoiler

But AWESOME FOR ZUK!!! Bout time!! Hopper better get his game on but I think he'll be on the top box before we know it.

I'm suprised with Rossi's performance. He's usually a very good wet weather rider.

Edited topic title to avoid a beatdown!
smile.gif

thank you. i tried to figure out how to that myself but i couldnt. geez people get a life.

(shortBoarder @ May 20 2007,13:09) dude....

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>DONT PUT SPOILERS IN THE DAMN MESSAGE TITLE/SUBTITLE</span></span>

uuurgh.......

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

ukliam3.gif

guns.gif

firedevil.gif
ices_rofl.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

pissed.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ May 20 2007,17:10) +1 on spoiler

But AWESOME FOR ZUK!!! Bout time!! Hopper better get his game on but I think he'll be on the top box before we know it.

I'm suprised with Rossi's performance. He's usually a very good wet weather rider.
Did anyone else notice in the rear camera shot of Rossi's rear tire, he had the (rider's) right side of the tire appear to delaminate about the time he started dropping back.
SHOCKED.gif

He did a HELL of a job just to keep it on the track, not a damn thing he could do about losing positions. Nothing wrong with that performance.

Brutal conditions, AND a rear tire falling apart- full marks!

(Shibumi @ May 20 2007,17:54)
(gtrpimp76 @ May 20 2007,17:10) +1 on spoiler

I'm surprised with Rossi's performance. He's usually a very good wet weather rider.
Did anyone else notice in the rear camera shot of Rossi's rear tire, he had the (rider's) right side of the tire appear to delaminate about the time he started dropping back.  
SHOCKED.gif

He did a HELL of a job just to keep it on the track, not a damn thing he could do about losing positions. Nothing wrong with that performance.

Brutal conditions, AND a rear tire falling apart- full marks!
+1 the edge of the tire was coming apart...he probably over heated it in some of the drier parts of the
track, before there was enough rain to keep it cool.

Hayden needs to take off that unlucky number 1 plate and put back on his very cool and lucky number 69. What was he thinking!!

I wonder how many Michelin Engineers are walking around with large pieces of their a$$e$ missing after that? Michelin's home track and they get spanked like that with B-stones 1-2-3. I will bet they are still at the lab working on it as I type this! Hopkins had the fastest lap of the race (before the skies opened up) too. Safe to say the Stones are a big part of why stoner is atop the points right now too. All the usual fast guys on Michelin's seem to be struggling. What happened to Edwards?

Props to Vermeulen. I bet he can't wait to get back to Laguna!

Don't know why Edwards had such an awful start, maybe he was just taking it easy since the track was getting wet.  He ended up pitting first and putting wets on but he burned them up because the track wasn't wet enough yet and pitted again to change the rear.

Heartbreaker for Nicky, crashing out of 4th with 2 laps to go  
sad.gif

Rossi has said in an interview that he can make up for the HP difference between Yami and Duc, but he can't make up for the poor tires.  He is worried about the championship and seems to be saying he won't win it if Michelin doesn't get it together  
wow.gif
Of course the press could be trying to stir something up. In an interview with Superbikeplanet, Rossi was quoted as to saying he picked too hard of a wet tire.

Charlesbusa, I can't think of why Edwards sank so fast. But it couldn't have been tires and simi wet conditions to go from 1st to LAST  
wow.gif
in less than half a lap. If it was (and I was the Team Manager) he might just be picking up his LAST CHECK. But really, it had to be something different because no matter what he did, he was still SLOWWWWW, as in REAL SLOW
SHOCKED.gif

Some quotes from superbikeplanet,

Nicky,
"That's a shame for sure. We had a pretty solid fourth place there with just a couple of laps to go and the bike was feeling pretty good in the wet. But then as soon as I touched the brake at the end of the back straight it folded on me. I hadn't even started back-shifting yet and before I knew it I was just picking up speed as I hit the ground - it was a rough ride. It sucks, but it seems like no bones are broken and that's a good thing, though I've damaged some cartilage in my ribcage."[/Quote]

Rossi,
Sadly we were wrong and when the rain got heavier my tyre was too hard for the conditions and I couldn't push.
I was very slow from then on and didn't have any grip from the rear. In the last five laps it was quite dangerous as it was very hard to stay upright and I think I lost five or six seconds per lap at the end.[/Quote]

Edwards.
We encountered some problems that I've run into before - in Australia last year when I crashed in the rain and at the Jerez test this year. It's hard to explain, but to me it feels like it's related to the engine braking - when we've got less traction from the tyres in the wet it just seems to appear. I think even yesterday's crash was down to something similar. Basically I try to put it into the corner but the rear comes round on me and it slides. Valentino and I have quite different styles - he holds the clutch in there a lot longer whilst I just kind of dump it and today it was a big problem for me.
To be honest that wasn't really rain racing for me, it was more like ice racing and it was impossible. At the start it was at its worst because being on a slick tyre with a damp track just exacerbated the problem. I came in early because in the circumstances I thought I'd gamble and hope it was going to chuck it down with rain, but a few laps out there on rain tyres when it wasn't that wet wasn't fun either. I came back in again, thinking maybe the tyre was too hard, and we tried a softer rain tyre and that was better in the end.[/Quote]

Back