Soon to be owner of 08 Blue Busa

Rickyh

Registered
Well, I've been looking for the right deal for about a month now. Finally found one and its a blue 08 with 6900 miles on it, one owner, full brocks alien head exhaust powdercoated black, power commander 3, pazzo shorty levers, buell footpeg lower kit, Grey Kanji decal, and powdercoated gray wheels. Looks really clean and you can tell he took care of it.

After talking on the phone, we agreed on $8,000. Should be picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday. I just have to make time because he lives 2hrs away.

A little about me,

I've been lurking for a while and have always wanted a busa. Started out @ 19 on a 06 GSXR 600 then sold it to get a 06 GSXR 1000. Sold the 1000 last year to get a Nissan Titan. Driving around 400 miles a week at 13mpg/avg (35" tires) is what got me thinking about getting another bike. I live in Lake Charles, LA, 22yrs old, married, in the Army Reserve, and graduate with a BS degree in business management this December. Plan to go back to school to get my A&P License so I can work my way up in supervising airplane mechanics.

Plans for the bike:
Since the primary use of this will be for commuting, comfort is key. I would also like to do some longer touring rides.

-Get some helibars + spacer to raise bars
-Depending on fit with me being 5'6", might lower
-Speedohealer since the rear sprocket is +2

Just can't wait to get it :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the .oRg! Sounds like that bad boy is already locked and loaded. :thumbsup:

Nice try on justifying getting a bike cuz you're sick of putting gas in your truck. :thumbsup: I tried the same move because of my Sequoia. :laugh: It's a little better, but there's better options if mpgs are a factor.

C'mon, just admit you wanted a kick @$$ bike! Enjoy! :beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg. Understand about the titan, I sold mine a few years ago. It was great truck but sucked that gas! You will love the new busa. Cant wait to see the pics of it. :welcome:

Guilty, I do just want an awesome bike. Better mpg's is just icing on the cake :laugh:. I did consider getting another 600 but, for the longer rides, comfort and ability to have luggage will workout better on the busa. I have a herniated disc in my lower back and it did bother me to some extent on my 600 & 1000 which is why I am focusing so much on comfort. Already have the tail storage mod as #1 on my list. Can't wait.

I'm also looking into jackets. I have a Shoei Rf-1000 left over from my old bikes and it has the Gsxr design on it. I still have some great A* gloves that cover the wrist. Just need a worthy jacket.

congrats and welcome. I have a Teknic jacket (sz 44R) for sale cheap (used it very briefly when I had a blue 08). Also have a Corbin seat for your heinie :)

:welcome: TO THE MIGHTY ORG! CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE!:thumbsup: LOOKING FORWARD TO PICS!:welcome:

Thank you for your service and congrats! That drill pay check can come in handy sometimes it did for me for 26 years :) And the fastest color too BLUE RULES!

Welcome

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

:welcome: and congrats!

You made the right choice. The 08 blue is the fastest color, man.

Though the jackass lost a good 3hp when he ditched the gold wheels... :whistle:

Ive got an 08 blue with a black alienhead and PC3. I love it. Sure you will too.

Back