Soon-to-be "new" owner

kromdom

wannabe HOON
Donating Member
Registered
Firstl of all:  HI to one and all.  Found this site like most guys via GOOGLE.  Hoping to get some input on pricing for a bike that I am looking to buy:
'01 (Blue & Silver), 9K miles for $8K.  Accessories:  YOSH RS3s, remapped ECU, Zero Gravity screen, Corbin seat, Heli-Bars.  Bike currently has near new Dunlop 208Zs and brake pads are still good.  All stock take-off parts will also be included

This is a one-owner bike (55 y.o.) and has complete service records, zero accidents, zero track use (owner has provided me with enough proof to convince me of the above).  
Bike is in SoCal so prices may be higher vs other regions.  I hope guys nearby can chime in. NOTE: I am in the Navy currently stationed in Hawaii but actually live near San Diego, CA

A little background about me/riding experience:  44 y/o and had been riding since '89.  Learned to ride on sportbikes and have owned a few since then (KAW EX500, CBR 1000, FZR 600 X 2, GSXR 750 X 3) and a few cruisers (YAM VIRAGO 750, '95 Heritage Classic, '00 Electra Glide Standard and '02 Road King).

Thanks in advance for any input.  Got a pic of the bike

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139984590 -->

HAYABUSA.jpe

Welcome to the board.
8k is a little high for a 01 with those mods and miles here in Ca. But in Hawaii I don’t know the market on a Hayabusa.

Tio Loco,
Thanks for your reply. Original asking was actually $8700 and took me a while to make him budge. I have tried cycletrader.com to get an idea for pricing for my zip in SoCal (92592) and prices seem to be in the $7K-$8K++ range. BTW, the bike will be registered/ridden in SoCal.

Main reason I am looking at this one is because it is essentially BONE STOCK and I am pretty confident in the amount of TLC it has been given. I may find better prices out-of-state but do not want to deal with shipping and DMV.

Berts will probably sell you a brand new one for $10,500 OTD.
Give them a call.

Berts Mega Mall is location in Covina Ca.

just for a comparision i just picked up an 01 last year with 600 miles on it (thats another story) for 7k. bone stock. the bike looked like it just came off the showroom floor. this is in NJ.

<!--EDIT|crepitus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140031319 -->

Sounds high for an '01. Check prices on thid board in the for sale thread. Find 1 u like and I'll get you a GOOD price on shipping it to ya.
smile.gif

I bought a blue and sliver 01 in 2004 with 3200 miles on it showroom condition, adult rider...I bought it from Oregon, but I live in MI...(I had it shipped to me by Semi) for $7,200

<!--EDIT|jonhpt2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140034399 -->

8K does seem a little high for an O1 even with the mods.

You can't get a new one for less then $11,000 here in SoCal. I tried. My buddy tried to buy from Berts and they jerked him around on price, set-up, freight, and then the interest rate. Wasted like 2 hours there and walked out.

The bottom line is..are you comfortable with the price? If you are comfortable, and know the bike has been taken care of, then go for it! 8K is a little much, but not outrageous. I have seen some priced for alot more!
You aren't stealing it by any means, but you aren't getting ripped off either. Especially if it was adult owned/maintained, and not abused.
wink.gif

Just my thoughts!

Appreciate all the replies/input, fellas.  And thanks for the welcome. GSXRFANN, you nailed how I feel about this bike on the head
smile.gif

If any of you SoCal peeps come across a good deal, please let me know.  All bikes I have seen that are priced less are:  out-of-state, mileage way too high, ragged shape/rough history, etc.
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140050359 -->

8K does seem a little high for an O1 even with the mods.

You can't get a new one for less then $11,000 here in SoCal.  I tried.  My buddy tried to buy from Berts and they jerked him around on price, set-up, freight, and then the interest rate.  Wasted like 2 hours there and walked out.
I've always had good service at Berts they even pick you up at the airport. I just call them ahead of time and get an OTD price then come in a write a check. Easy Easy..

Was there in September and they where dealing on everything? My next trip to Berts is in March picking up a few of the new raptors.

Temecula eh?
I'm just a tad south of you. I looked for a good used busa for almost a year (for a decent price) and gave up and bought new in 05. The catch is you have to have a cali model or one (49 state)with 7k miles on the odo to register here.

Temecula eh?
I'm just a tad south of you. I looked for a good used busa for almost a year (for a decent price) and gave up and bought new in 05. The catch is you have to have a cali model or one (49 state)with 7k miles on the odo to register here.
xzvs,
So you were in the same boat as I am now.  BTW, I passed by Escondido daily when I was working in Point Loma (SEP '03-JUL '05).  Thanks for the tip about the mileage requirement for 49-state bikes.  

Will most likely limit my choices to local bikes so don't have to deal with shipping, DMV and any possible issues that may come up with the bike.  

Meanwhile, will use this post as an excuse to post another pic of the bike  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140076934 -->

busa_post.JPG

Dude, if you got the cash, I would buy the bike. Reason being..you are gonna try to compare every bike you find to this one, and obviously you have a strong sense of "feeling" for this one. #ell, it isn't a biggie, cause if you end up finding something else later, you can always sell this one and buy another one. You won't lose too much $ anyway!!

Buy it already! And give us a first ride report!
biggrin.gif

I have a 01 Black and Silver no scratches never been down clean title in hand 31k miles could let it go for $6,500. Location is Vacaville CA.

Busa_4.JPG

Tio Loco,
Your bike's in great shape and price is pretty good. Too bad I am set on the blue and silver scheme. Thanks for the offer and best of luck with selling your bike!

Back