something made me very sad today!

i will make a call today to get a little more detail about that cat. if i am correct sometimes certain cats can not go to multiple pet houses and maybe that is one of the reasons he has had less chance of adoption and of course the age too.

I'm the same way...shoot, I found myself on petfinder just yesterday, looking at the dogs...I am always trying to save animals (I wrestle my cats to save mice and snakes; no, I'm not kidding LOL)...it's sad to see how many are neglected and abused and I too am one of those that just wants to save them from the life they're living :(

Right now I have 3 cats, all indoor, all declawed and spayed/neutered...I think 3 is my limit, but if one shows up at my house tomorrow, I'm sure I'd give it a fighting chance...

4 dogs, 1 cat, 4 horses and 4 million squirrels. The squirrels stay in the branch and the yard though. So far we're feedin all these critters but it ain't lookin good.Go Get The Cat Shawnski, you know you will. Oh, I don't know how to spell squirrel. :thumbsup:

I'm the same way...shoot, I found myself on petfinder just yesterday, looking at the dogs...I am always trying to save animals (I wrestle my cats to save mice and snakes; no, I'm not kidding LOL)...it's sad to see how many are neglected and abused and I too am one of those that just wants to save them from the life they're living :(

Right now I have 3 cats, all indoor, all declawed and spayed/neutered...I think 3 is my limit, but if one shows up at my house tomorrow, I'm sure I'd give it a fighting chance...

yeah... my white cat ( i call him the terror):laugh: somehow went inside my car in the garage, the window was open about 3 inches but seemed like having hard time getting out and put bunch scratches on leather seat!:banghead::laugh:

After the death of my Doberman Duke, I was so heartbroke I swore I would never have another dog. After several months, we began looking for another dog. I knew it was going to be hard to get a dog that would measure up to Duke, as he was as smart and well mannered dog as it was possiable to have. Mary and I could hardly look at another Doberman to adopt without bringing tears to our eyes. At petco one Saturday, during a pet adoption from a group in Kansas City, we met a dog that they had received as a pup, and he was now almost two years old. He had spent his whole life in a 4'X4' outside pen, summer and winter. Mary and I looked at each other and said we need to adopt this dog. He was overweight, and we didn't know if we could house break him or get him to ride in the car etc etc. Well, we adopted Pepper, and he is THE smartest dog I have EVER had and the joy of our life! Go get this cat or you won't be able to quit thinking about him. Trust your feelings.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is Moty the king of the house:cheerleader:

auto retrato 003.jpg

I know how you feel that is why I do not like going to most zoos. Believe me I love seeing the animals but I always feel bad for anything bigger than a mouse being locked up in those tiny spaces. It wouldn't be bad if they used zoos as rehabilitation points instead of tourist attractions. As in they brought animals back to good health for release not keep them in the same spot for years and years.

After the death of my Doberman Duke, I was so heartbroke I swore I would never have another dog. After several months, we began looking for another dog. I knew it was going to be hard to get a dog that would measure up to Duke, as he was as smart and well mannered dog as it was possiable to have. Mary and I could hardly look at another Doberman to adopt without bringing tears to our eyes. At petco one Saturday, during a pet adoption from a group in Kansas City, we met a dog that they had received as a pup, and he was now almost two years old. He had spent his whole life in a 4'X4' outside pen, summer and winter. Mary and I looked at each other and said we need to adopt this dog. He was overweight, and we didn't know if we could house break him or get him to ride in the car etc etc. Well, we adopted Pepper, and he is THE smartest dog I have EVER had and the joy of our life! Go get this cat or you won't be able to quit thinking about him. Trust your feelings.:thumbsup:

yeah.. we all have stories to tell. i am really thinking about it.
thanks.

You have a kind caring heart.

I had two cats for 18 years (sisters); They were great cats and I hated to lose them (both within 6 months). My wife is allergic to cats (but of course, not dogs) so I don't get to replace them but have to put up with her dog (not a bad dog, but not a cat). I wish I could (so my daughter could) have a cat again.

i wasn't sure if i should discuss this here or not but since i have been here i noticed alot of people here help each other out with their problems so i decided to go ahead and tell you what has really upset me today.
i am a big animal lover and i have a few myself. i normally make a once or twice a trip to petsmart to buy petfood and other staff for my cats. each time i go inside i have no choice to pass through adoption area which they have quite a few cats for adoption which i think is agreat idea. there is one cat that i have seen him there for a about 5 months inside the very small cage and very cute but seems to be out of it, i was thinking today that poor thing has been inside that small cage for 5 months or even more, what kind of life does he have? i agree at least he is safe and has something to eat but come on sometimes putting those poor animals to sleep is better than been in the cage for that long.
i know it is not my problem and i can't save every animal
in the world but i am pretty sure it is one of many cases every where and it is so sad to see things like that.
i decided to go to another petsmart further from my home so i don't have to deal with that anymore.
ok.. i guess i got it off my chest and some of you might say get a life shawnski but at least i feel better now.
... and i know there are alot more important things in life than that but it just break my heart to see things like that.

thanks for reading!!!!

shawn

Yep. It's NOT your problem and you CAN'T save every animal. I have to sotically avoid pets and animals at every opportunity. It's tough. The truth of the matter is that no matter what we, the animal lovers, do, the rest of the population will continue to see pets as little more than a possession, allowing them to breed out of control without regard to where the offspring will go or how they will live or survive, to be tossed aside at the first sign of trouble or incovenience. Not to mention the "breeders" who are only concerned with making money by selling animals. For every one that is rescued there are 100 more in need due to the selfishness of humanity.

All that said, if an animal comes to be in your heart, you should follow your heart. However, if by taking on another member you won't be able to provide for the needs and well being of everyone in your household, it would be a dis-service to all involved to make the attempt. Only you know if you and your home have the resources and capacity to provide and do right by an animal, so it is you who must make the choice.

Sincerest best wishes as you consider the options.

i normally make a once or twice a trip to petsmart to buy petfood and other staff for my cats.

Stopped reading right after I discovered man with cats. Having said that, my last dog was a saved dog and my next one will be as well. And that commercial on TV w/ that song (female country singer) showing the sad puppy face eyes for saving a dog/cat makes you feel pathetically sorry for them.

Stopped reading right after I discovered man with cats. Having said that, my last dog was a saved dog and my next one will be as well. And that commercial on TV w/ that song (female country singer) showing the sad puppy face eyes for saving a dog/cat makes you feel pathetically sorry for them.

yeah... unfortunatly i can not watch that commercial it is "sarah mclachlan"
i switch to another ch. each time.

Yep. It's NOT your problem and you CAN'T save every animal. I have to sotically avoid pets and animals at every opportunity. It's tough. The truth of the matter is that no matter what we, the animal lovers, do, the rest of the population will continue to see pets as little more than a possession, allowing them to breed out of control without regard to where the offspring will go or how they will live or survive, to be tossed aside at the first sign of trouble or incovenience. Not to mention the "breeders" who are only concerned with making money by selling animals. For every one that is rescued there are 100 more in need due to the selfishness of humanity.

All that said, if an animal comes to be in your heart, you should follow your heart. However, if by taking on another member you won't be able to provide for the needs and well being of everyone in your household, it would be a dis-service to all involved to make the attempt. Only you know if you and your home have the resources and capacity to provide and do right by an animal, so it is you who must make the choice.

Sincerest best wishes as you consider the options.

i totally agree with you. another way of people making extra cash and no regards for pet population!

Back