It's a sad day today...

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Today is a sad day for me, because I lost one of my babies. I took my '72 Chevelle to Volo Auto Museum today to be sold on consignment.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought I had prepared myself for the Chevelle to leave since I now have the busa, but I guess I was wrong. It was bad enough loading it on the trailer, but when I dropped it off at Volo, and parked it in "their" garage, my heart pretty much dropped. The empty space inside of me is the size of the empty space in "my" garage tonight. I know that I would have just dumped more money into the car making it perform/handle better and I would have been continuously worried about someone scratching/denting it when I drive it, but I'm still going to miss her.

She was my baby, but one of the toys had to go. :sad:

Please observe a moment of silence for her, and wish her well in her future home.

I think I'll be drinking tonight.

Take care everyone,
Jim

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068774787 -->

Man that is tuff.  I don't think I could ever part with my old car:

272side-med.jpg

I had a chevelle like yours before too - it was a great car and solid as a rock, I was looking for a pic but I can't find one right now..

When I win the lottery I'll take one of these in red:
stangulater

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068780098 -->

Cool Corvette, what year is it? '68, '69 ?

Volo has some sweet a$$ rides, but they are pricey. The best Chevelle they have is a 98 or 100 point car, but they want $82,000 for it. :eek:

It's a cool place to hang out for a day.

Jim

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:times'></span>I thought I had prepared myself for the Chevelle to leave since I now have the busa, but I guess I was wrong. It was bad enough loading it on the trailer, but when I dropped it off at Volo, and parked it in "their" garage, my heart pretty much dropped. The empty space inside of me is the size of the empty space in "my" garage tonight. I know that I would have just dumped more money into the car making it perform/handle better and I would have been continuously worried about someone scratching/denting it when I drive it, but I'm still going to miss her.</span>

JIM,
I Just read an article where a 70' 396 went for $76K and the popularity of chevelles are climbing rapidly. So hold out for a good price if you can. consider barrett jackson in Jan I think it is.  Oh and have a cold one on me. - Kent

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068794429 -->

That's too bad man...
Go for a ride, you'll feel better..

Vet is a '72 (71 did have the exact same side vent).  It's my 4th supercharged car.  On Dec 6th my buddy and I are going to pull the engine for the 3rd time and rebuild it/replace it depending on the shape of the block.

272bad-med.jpg

Once I get it running again ( I have a rod knocking) - I'm going to repaint it.  I bought this lift so I won't have to crawl around on my knees while I sand on it (I'm too old for that S---)

272MVC-008F-med.JPG

Sorry about giving up your toy... :sad:

Paint your busa with the Chevelle's "red with white stripes" paint scheme and you might not feel as bad! :)

I can imagine how tough it would be to let go of a nice toy like that :sad: :sad:

I've dragged my first car, a 1968 GTO, around with me since i was 17 (i'm 31 now), and still trying to find time to restore it. It's been in my parents back yard, 3 different storage lots, parked outside of a place i rented, and now safe in a garage that i built a couple years ago just waiting to get started on it.

I have this very cool consignment shop in the Bay area called Kassabians. Kassabian Motors. Huge place with more then 100 vehicles all indoors.

They have several Chevelle's including a convertible. I would love to have the '69 convertible w/ 4-speed and a 454! Only 30k.

<!--EDIT|Sane_man
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068836008 -->

Sad to see a good one go isn't it? I feel your pain, bro. I think we all do. We've all probably let good ones go at some time or another in our lives. Hope you have plenty of pics of 'er. That helps. ;)

VaBusa - Sounds like a good idea if I ever have to repaint the busa.

I moved the busa over to the other side of the garage today where the Chevelle used to be. Looks kinda strange actually having room in there again. This winter will probably be a good time to tear out and rebuild my workbench. I've got room to work now.

I'm sure once spring is here and I'm out eating up the rear tire on the busa, I'll start feeling better. I bought the busa on 10/23/03 and I already have 923 miles on it. I'll probably get the 1000 mile service done, and then start getting it ready for winter storage. That way I'll be ready when spring comes.

Thanks for all the replies everyone,
Jim

BT - I got plenty of pictures to keep me company. I think the one thing I'll really miss is the sound of the headers, and the 2-1/2" dual exhaust with the Flowmaster mufflers. The engine had a nice lope to it, and most of the time I would just leave the radio turned down and listen to the music of the engine. The exhaust sounded especially nice when out on the intestate cruising at about...oops, can't tell ya that :D . Near the speed limit anyway.

It was a nice street/mild strip cruiser kinda car. Just cool to drive.

Jim

Back