something made me very sad today!

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
i wasn't sure if i should discuss this here or not but since i have been here i noticed alot of people here help each other out with their problems so i decided to go ahead and tell you what has really upset me today.
i am a big animal lover and i have a few myself. i normally make a once or twice a trip to petsmart to buy petfood and other staff for my cats. each time i go inside i have no choice to pass through adoption area which they have quite a few cats for adoption which i think is agreat idea. there is one cat that i have seen him there for a about 5 months inside the very small cage and very cute but seems to be out of it, i was thinking today that poor thing has been inside that small cage for 5 months or even more, what kind of life does he have? i agree at least he is safe and has something to eat but come on sometimes putting those poor animals to sleep is better than been in the cage for that long.
i know it is not my problem and i can't save every animal
in the world but i am pretty sure it is one of many cases every where and it is so sad to see things like that.
i decided to go to another petsmart further from my home so i don't have to deal with that anymore.
ok.. i guess i got it off my chest and some of you might say get a life shawnski but at least i feel better now.
... and i know there are alot more important things in life than that but it just break my heart to see things like that.

thanks for reading!!!!

shawn

Last edited:
What breaks my heart more is the stray half squashed in the street... but I feel ya at leat there he has a chance on a life once your gone chances are over..

We demonstarte our humanity by how we treat our animals.

Good for you for noticing. I am an animal lover too. :thumbsup:

Someone will take it home and love it and all will be well for it.

We demonstarte our humanity by how we treat our animals.

Good for you for noticing. I am an animal lover too. :thumbsup:

Someone will take it home and love it and all will be well for it.

i hope so. i asked one of the workers there why no one adopted him yet and she said that she thinks one of the biggest reason he is older cat and alot of people don't like to adopt older animals.

Adopt the cat, you will feel better.

We have two cats, 3 dogs, a 100 gallon fish tank, a frog.

In the past we have adopted scorpions, snakes, lizards.

I think if it is on your heart that much there might be a reason for it.

Our newst member, our dog, it is a schnauser (however you spell it) I love all aniamls but I have never been into those snippy little anke biters

I told my wife before we got a "laptop"dog we were going to get the dog I wanted which is a german shepard.

Anyway, without going into a long story, my mother in law had a litter of these snowzers. they sold a few of them to the local pet store.

Something told me to get one of the dogs, well the pet store already paid my in laws for the dogs that I could have had for free if I decided earlier.

So I ended up forking over a $100.00 for this dog to buy him back from the pet store.

First day we had this dog he seemed really just out of it and stupid. I think great, I got me a stupid ankle biter.

Well the next day he was even more lathargic. Then I knew, I had dogs before that had parvo and in my heart I knew thats what this little guy had.

Took him to the vet and had him checked out, sure enough, parvo.

about 1 week and $800.00 later we got him out of the vet.

This is about a year ago, he is the coolest little dog I have ever seen. He has grown up with two bigger dogs and me and my three boys who are allways playing rough with him. He doesnt bark much like other little ankler biters, he is pretty low key and he has actually turned out to be a pretty kick azz little dog. pretty smart also.

I guess the point I am trying to get at is if I didnt falling my heart, my gut instinct and got this little guy he would have died, the animal store isnt going to invest $800.00 into a dog for parvo, they would just let it die.

This little guy has become a very special part of our family, and while I cringe at having to spent over $1000.00 for him and the vet bills, in the end it was worth it because.. well he is a cool little guy.

If the little cat is in your heart so much and he has been there for 5 months, maybe there is a higher force at work and maybe there is a reason for you to have this cat. I know it might sound like a far fetched way out there idea, but hey my life has been full of far fetched way out there things and they allways seem to work out.

Go get the little kitty and be happy :beerchug:

Besides, cats are pretty much self sufficient, one more is not going to have any major negative impact on your life but could become a really good friend

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and here are two of my little guys, the schnauser is the black dog on the left (name is Volcom) and the cat is Storm

And yes, the cat is as big as the dog. the funny thing is, as far as schnausers goes, he is big. so yeah, we have a big cat lol

Volcom storm.jpg

Last edited:
Adopt the cat, you will feel better.

We have two cats, 3 dogs, a 100 gallon fish tank, a frog.

In the past we have adopted scorpions, snakes, lizards.

I think if it is on your heart that much there might be a reason for it.

Our newst member, our dog, it is a snowzer (however you spell it) I love all aniamls but I have never been into those snippy little anke biters

I told my wife before we got a "laptop"dog we were going to get the dog I wanted which is a german shepard.

Anyway, without going into a long story, my mother in law had a litter of these snowzers. they sold a few of them to the local pet store.

Something told me to get one of the dogs, well the pet store already paid my in laws for the dogs that I could have had for free if I decided earlier.

So I ended up forking over a $100.00 for this dog to buy him back from the pet store.

First day we had this dog he seemed really just out of it and stupid. I think great, I got me a stupid ankle biter.

Well the next day he was even more lathargic. Then I knew, I had dogs before that had parvo and in my heart I knew thats what this little guy had.

Took him to the vet and had him checked out, sure enough, parvo.

about 1 week and $800.00 later we got him out of the vet.

This is about a year ago, he is the coolest little dog I have ever seen. He has grown up with two bigger dogs and me and my three boys who are allways playing rough with him. He doesnt bark much like other little ankler biters, he is pretty low key and he has actually turned out to be a pretty kick azz little dog. pretty smart also.

I guess the point I am trying to get at is if I didnt falling my heart, my gut instinct and got this little guy he would have died, the animal store isnt going to invest $800.00 into a dog for parvo, they would just let it die.

This little guy has become a very special part of our family, and while I cringe at having to spent over $1000.00 for him and the vet bills, in the end it was worth it because.. well he is a cool little guy.

If the little cat is in your heart so much and he has been there for 5 months, maybe there is a higher force at work and maybe there is a reason for you to have this cat. I know it might sound like a far fetched way out there idea, but hey my life has been full of far fetched way out there things and they allways seem to work out.

Go get the little kitty and be happy :beerchug:

Besides, cats are pretty much self sufficient, one more is not going to have any major negative impact on your life but could become a really good friend

good for you and getting your dog a good life.

the reason i am hesitating is not sure how my other cats will handle the new one. i already been through it twice with my older one!:banghead::laugh:
i am by myself and three is a plenty and they already driving me crazy!:laugh:

i am looking around to see if someone wants to adopt him, friend, neighbour....

Last edited:
Besides, cats are pretty much self sufficient, one more is not going to have any major negative impact on your life but could become a really good friend "Quote from thraserfox"

And you will save on gas money trying to avoid all the pet stores.

Last edited:

And you will save on gas money trying to avoid all the pet stores.

:laugh:

take him home with you, theres a reason you think so much about him. :thumbsup:

Exactly.

Let me share a story of mine with you....

One time, about 6 1/2 years ago, I was on the way home from work and found myself going into petsmart. For no reason. I wasnt buying cat food, i wasnt there for litter, not toys, nothing. To this day I can't tell you why I went there (well, i think I have a pretty good idea what steered me there that day, and I bet a lot of other folks do too) but I went. While I was there, for no real reason, i decided to go visit the cat adoption center.

I saw the most pathetic little manx in there....ear mites, WAY underweight, just looked like he was BEGGING to be out of there. The shelter that had them was closing its doors in 2 weeks and they were going to put down all the cats there. This little black manx stole my heart right then and there. I asked the woman about him, and they said he had been in the shelter for about 4 1/2 years, and had been adopted out twice and brought back both times, but she didnt know why. I asked her about the adoption procedure, then called my wife and just said "im at petsmart, and you need to come down here RIGHT NOW". the woman was literally crying with happiness when we told her that we would take him home.

For the first 6 weeks we had him, we almost never saw him. He hid in the cat condo and only came out to eat and to use the litterbox. Gradually he put on weight (he was about 5 lbs when we got him) to his current weight of about 14 lbs with almost no body fat on him. And gradually he came out of his shell and started trusting us.

Now, 6 1/2 years later, my wife and I joke that he is the perfect pet. Not demanding, not loud, not destructive, not overbearing. he just wants to be near us and wants love. Every night, he curls up on a pillow above my wifes head, with his head next to mine. I cant imagine not having him here with us.

Someone is trying to tell you something, and I'm thinking you should listen. I do a LOT of volunteer work at a local shelter, and have written articles on helping a cat adjust to a new home. If you have ANY questions, send me a message. I'll be glad to help.

Exactly.

Let me share a story of mine with you....

One time, about 6 1/2 years ago, I was on the way home from work and found myself going into petsmart. For no reason. I wasnt buying cat food, i wasnt there for litter, not toys, nothing. To this day I can't tell you why I went there (well, i think I have a pretty good idea what steered me there that day, and I bet a lot of other folks do too) but I went. While I was there, for no real reason, i decided to go visit the cat adoption center.

I saw the most pathetic little manx in there....ear mites, WAY underweight, just looked like he was BEGGING to be out of there. The shelter that had them was closing its doors in 2 weeks and they were going to put down all the cats there. This little black manx stole my heart right then and there. I asked the woman about him, and they said he had been in the shelter for about 4 1/2 years, and had been adopted out twice and brought back both times, but she didnt know why. I asked her about the adoption procedure, then called my wife and just said "im at petsmart, and you need to come down here RIGHT NOW". the woman was literally crying with happiness when we told her that we would take him home.

For the first 6 weeks we had him, we almost never saw him. He hid in the cat condo and only came out to eat and to use the litterbox. Gradually he put on weight (he was about 5 lbs when we got him) to his current weight of about 14 lbs with almost no body fat on him. And gradually he came out of his shell and started trusting us.

Now, 6 1/2 years later, my wife and I joke that he is the perfect pet. Not demanding, not loud, not destructive, not overbearing. he just wants to be near us and wants love. Every night, he curls up on a pillow above my wifes head, with his head next to mine. I cant imagine not having him here with us.

Someone is trying to tell you something, and I'm thinking you should listen. I do a LOT of volunteer work at a local shelter, and have written articles on helping a cat adjust to a new home. If you have ANY questions, send me a message. I'll be glad to help.

great story thanks, i keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

Proverbs 12:10.

Oh, and by the way, we have 8 cats and a snake.

I guess I should have shared the picture of our little Olive as well.

if interested, folks, PM me and I'll share how Olive got his name.

259140223365.jpg

259140223365.jpg

Maybe if you mention it to them and ask them they will put it in a bigger cage. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

We've got 4 dogs and 4 cats. Going Friday to look at some pups. 1/2 Bull mastif and 1/2 american bulldog. 1 more never hurts as much as it helps.

Back