Someone stop me,,, please

ditchdr

Registered
Oh what a mess i got my self into. Yall know im in the process of opening a bike dealership, well thats still in the works however will not open the doors untill after nursing school is over. But!! That does not mean I am not messing with bikes, I mean come on its me, can I really not mod, build, paint, or take apart bikes and be sane? yeah I dont think so either. Now I got my self into this mess about a week ago. I happened to be taking a ride the other day through a little town here called Clinton SC, its in the upstate about 3 hours from home, I was just ridding down some street minding my own business when some home owner rolled 2 old Hondas out of his garage. I looked over and through my helmet gave him a half nuts, half pysco look, got to the end of the street and by this time my mind was a wonder wheel of ideas. See i have been looking for old Honda 750's for some time. Most I have come across were nothjing more then a locked up motor on a rusted out frame, but from the quick drive by these bikes looked like runners. Before I reached for the front brake I could see in my minds eye these 2 bikes chopped up, one into a bobber, and one into a chopper. I quickly looked behind me and made my turn. To be honest i dont think I was under the speed limit getting back to his house. I pulled up and went into Joe Cool mode. Took off my helmet and set it on my mirror, Got off the bike and kind of brushed my self off struted up to the bikes. The home owner asked if he could help me I told him that " just admiring your bikes here. He goes on to tell me that the bikes were there when he bought the house a few months ago, and was just now gettign around to getign rid of them. Well my heart started racing, as we talked i asked him what he wanted for them. He goes on to tell me there is no title for either, and he cant legaly sell them cause he is not the owner. I made a phone call to my mommy ( shes a lawyer and knows, besides shes a mom, moms always know) and she told me it is no diffent then buying in an estate sale. File for a title under an abonded vech thing. So im good to go on getting the bikes. I tell the guy that the title issue is not a big deal, and I want them, I want them bad. This is of course after I look them over and they are MINT. He tells me he was going to load them into the back of his truck and haul them to the scrap yard tomorrow just to get rid of them. I almost started to cry, how could you is what I wanted to say, but " well lets make some kind of deal" is what came out. He looked at me and smiled and said ( I knd you not), " ya know im kind of thirsty, a cold coke would be nice", guys almost left a black mark in front of his house trying to get to the store. got him a 16oz cold one, and a 2 liter for later. Of course he laughed at me, but had ot hid it form his wife lol. I called my buddy Claude and talked sweet to his wife so she would let him drive 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon at the drop of the hat. Skip ahead 3 hours and he pulled up with the 24ft enclosed trailer ( thought he would go by my house and get the 8x12 open one, but then i was glad he didnt. We load up the bikes I shake the guys hand and it took all I could to keep from kissing him . I follow Claude to I26 and he takes off like a rocket when he hits the black top. Im doing 85 to 90 just to keep up. Well I dont like goign that fast for that long, and with Sunday evening drivers out there I did not feel safe. I get him to pull over that the next exit and we load my bike up and I hop in the truck. I look at him and say " home Claude" and i am told I was asleep before he even got back on the road. Now he is holding all 3 of them hostage in the trailer untill I do a oil chage on his bike tomorrow afternoon so sorry no pics. I have been all over the net looking up parts and so on for these bikes. Seems i can get a 1200cc big bore stroke kit and all kinds of stuff, frames, pipes, you name it. I guess I am not the only one who loves old 60's and 70s choppers. So someone PLEASE STOP ME im gonna go nuts on these things lol. I even went and got a tig welder today so I can chop up the frame instead of spending 700 on a new frame!!! Now I need ot learn how to tig weld. Ok there I feel a little better but I am like a kid of Christmas eve wanting to open my stuff

If you want , to go that google thing and look up images of honda cb750 choppers and bobers, they just ooze cool

i remember these bikes

1969-honda-cb750-1.jpg
Honda%20CB750.jpg

Honda%20CB750%20Four%20K7%2077.jpg

:thumbsup:

Motorcyclist's bike of the decade! Good article in the latest issue. I really don't think I would chop them if they are pristine and in original condition. Maybe a cafe racer...

I am all about modding stuff, but if they are as nice as you say they are, PLEASE don't chop them up! Get the titles, freshen them a little, and make a good profit on them and get something not as nice........:please:

so I didnt catch what he let them go for.. was it that 16oz coke? lol.. nonetheless bro nice deals! some pics!!!!

Yes for a 16oz Coke, well that and a 2 liter. Lets see I got the Cokes, 2 cans of Grizzly,a Sprite, and a slim jim, so for less then 11 bucks lol

Once I get them out of the trailer I will get some pics of them. I would like to restore them, but, I have wanted a 750 bober for a lng time. I may just buy a frame and pull the motor out of one and not chop it. The other I may just restore back to factory. But then again Might be able to part them out. I will tell you this tho, they are not for sale

ditchdr said:
Yes for a 16oz Coke, well that and a 2 liter. Lets see I got the Cokes, 2 cans of Grizzly,a Sprite, and a slim jim, so for less then 11 bucks lol

Once I get them out of the trailer I will get some pics of them. I would like to restore them, but, I have wanted a 750 bober for a lng time. I may just buy a frame and pull the motor out of one and not chop it. The other I may just restore back to factory. But then again Might be able to part them out. I will tell you this tho, they are not for sale

I will give you 2 16oz cokes and 2 2liters. That's double what you have into them lol

bazmaniac said:
Mmmm, nice find.....but what happens when the legitimate owner turns up and wants them back?!?

If they abonded them and he goes through his state its all legal. I believe there is a set amount of time before he gets the titles to give the owner time to get them. My buddy that owns a shop has had to do this a couple times with people that just left there cars and never came back.

your lucky you dont live in ny matt... 1 16oz would have been all you could buy him....no deal!!! lol :laugh:

Sir, if you chop up those bikes you are a complete ass. They need to be restored to factory new. Please do not chop them up and ruin some very nicely preserved (mint) bikes. I can't even believe you entertained the idea of ruining them. Your wife needs to spank you with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes and wash your mouth out with soap. That will get you thinking clearly. If you continue with your madness I need your full name and address so I can get an injunction served to your wife for destroying history itself. Now, go behave and restore those bikes!!

OK OK OK OK I wont chop them. Like I posted before. I may pull the motor out of one and buy a chopper frame for it as to not destroy a really nice bike. I was up untill 4am looking up parts. I can get a frame, tank, fender and front end for less then 2500 shipped to the door. All I have to do it put the motor in and swap the wire harness. Oh and for an oil tank I think I saw this in one of the magazines once but use a dry sump tank from a race car, you know with the big AN fittings and all. Will give it that look I want. Of course it will not be driven for more then 20 to 30 miles at a time as I do not wish my kidneys to fall out of my butt. Anyone one on here know how to tool leather? Found a real cool leather seat kit, has the pan, the foam, 8oz leather, tooling and dye for 200 bucks. Some place called Hammer in Hand Customs.:thumbsup:

My first "big" bike was a CB750 K3, a 1972 model. I bought it new from a Honda dealer in
East Lansing, Mi. I put 11,000 miles on it that first summer. I put total of 96,000 miles on it. It was a great bike.
Now I have a 2012 Hayabusa, I don't want another one - but it was a good bike.
Congratulations on your find. Do what you want with them, they are yours.

:laugh:

i have one of those :thumbsup: rockin the Vetter :rofl:

don't listen to these fellas. you got them for free. chop um up! ride um! love um! use um!

Honda CB 750 Choppers! has all the knowledge you may ever need on the 750sohc. just looking at the gallery will have your mind runnin. it helped me design my 1st chopper. :beerchug:

welcome to the "gang of the four"! :cheerleader:

Great deal, I'm with the restore not chop group, and I didn't know these bikes could be taken to 1200 back in the day everyone was running 830 kits :laugh:

Back