Someone got to point this out!

I must say i seen one girl riding a R1 , she had a helmet on , fluttery mini skirt , thong and tank top with sneakers... the only thing good about it was she was tucked and that skirt was REALLY fluttery at 70mph... almost bet she was blonde tho , also the helmet was a POS bell so lol.

<!--EDIT|camaro69_4542003
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139972129 -->

i don't agree with the statement everybody will crash,it's just a matter of time.
rock.gif
I dissagree,

everyone will crash,
and those who have crashed will crash again.

If I couldn't accept that, there's no way I would ride.

There are too many variables you cannot control.  Just saying I will ride safe, smart, and cautious will not cut it.  Some idoit/tree/oil out there will get ya no matter how hard you try.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139972380 -->

these are breathable lycra long johns with comfortable armor in the vulnerable areas:

Knee-shin
Hips
Thigh
Tailbone
(this is usually the first area that hits in a fall)
(an impact on the hip bone can be really painful)
(thigh and leg muscles are easily bruised deeply)
(landing on your tailbone makes your eyes water!)

You really can wear your normal jeans over the top, and they're very comfortable - you can wear them all day - both on the bike and walking around.

A nice touch is that although the armor is high grade, you cannot see that I have anything on underneath - so it's my little secret!
where does one get such things iceman?
rock.gif
http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/agora.cgi

well i am going to post something i learned for my biomedical engineering class.. so sorry if it sounds to boring.. but..

as you might now we can know do successful hip replacements.... i will save you the details.. but its really cool... okay about the new replacements.. NONE.. why.. knees are very difficult to replace because of they way they are designed.. simple explanation.. take your two fist as place them against each other as if they were punching each other.. no move them back and forth.. there a tiny thing that covers it.. but its not really protected or "well-desinged" like a ball and socket..
POINT is... even if you dont get much skin rash.. do you konw what kind of impact you made on your knees... you might not see it now.. but years from now...
sad.gif

my advice make sure you have some good absorbtion protection for the knees.. as of now.. you have to make them last

I admit i ride in jeans with all of the other gear. After searching that page listed above I might get a set of the under jeans armor...if nothing else the icon leg armor. I just dont like the leather pants. It is a risk i take. Just like the risk we all take thumbing the ignition on the monster bikes we all have. To each their own is what i say.

Pants.jpg

these are breathable lycra long johns with comfortable armor in the vulnerable areas:

Knee-shin
Hips
Thigh
Tailbone
(this is usually the first area that hits in a fall)
(an impact on the hip bone can be really painful)
(thigh and leg muscles are easily bruised deeply)
(landing on your tailbone makes your eyes water!)

You really can wear your normal jeans over the top, and they're very comfortable - you can wear them all day - both on the bike and walking around.

A nice touch is that although the armor is high grade, you cannot see that I have anything on underneath - so it's my little secret!
These are not good, if you want something to protect you from road rash, these are only good for impact.

I ride with shorts & flip-flops all the time....
Slay me, Slay me!

I ONCE rode with a t-shirt, shorts, sandals AND with my (then) 5 year old sitting between me and the tank in his shorts, sandals and a t-shirt.  Oh yeah, no helmets either.

Slay me, crucify me!
I hope you are kidding dude.Putting your own life at risk is one thing.But your 5 yr old kid???
;)

We just idled it around the block, in our quiet (no traffic) neighborhood. I coulda dumped if I had to and stood up (basically) that's how slow I was going.

The only time we've ever gone fast (to him) he had a helmet on. He was still in front though. Now that I think of it, he wasn't 5, he was 6. (like that makes a difference)

The point is though, while the safest thing to do is stay in the house on the computer at the .org, we all accept certain risks in life. When I ride, for real, I gear up. But I don't like the leather suit look, so I'll go incognito with the gear under my clothes.

Nothing like looking like Robocop (full race gear) when you get to the restaurant, or work, or movies, or whereever.

The only thing I WILL buy, in addition to what I already use, this year, as a result of threads like these are moto boots. I've already got the helmet, leather jacket, armor on legs.

One thing I will never do is preach my morals (safety) on someone else. To each his own.

Depends on the armor.  The stuff I have has a hard outer shell which will slide for a bit, and has padding underneath to absorb impact.

Nothing is going to be as good as FULL LEATHERS FOR FULL COVERAGE, but it's an individual decision you have to make for yourself.

I guess there are some risks I am willing to take, and some I am not.

To each his own.

Do you wear your seat belt?
Are they making seatbelts for motorcycles, now? (j/k)

My seatbelt likely saved my life about 15 years ago. If I had an airbag I would have walked away w/out lacerations to my nose and eyebrow (damn college budget car!). It's okay, I have supernatural healing abilities, so I was still able to pull the ladies (married now).

I NEVER understand the harley guys.They wear boots,jeans,leather jacket and top it off with gloves and then mess it all up by wearing a bandana instead of a helmet.WHy bother with the rest of the gear if you arent gonna wear a lid???

Back