Someone else with a speeding ticket chime in...

k9ill5a

Registered
My 81 in a 35 is a bit more troubling than i thought,:banghead: being in denial i was thinking well its not 140+ that ive heard riders talking about, but the point being its 46mph over the limit and not eligible for PJC + I would have to get permission from DA to even attend driving school and have it count. and lawyer wants me to plead to wreckless driving and he says at least i will keep my liscense.(at least 12mo revocation):wtf: You guys/girls know 81 is not a hard task for the busa just happened to sneak into a city limit 35mph zone and got popped, To me punishment is not really gonna fit the crime. Officer was mad, but calmed down because we didnt run (my friend behind me got the exact same ticket). He did inform us we could have went to jail and had bikes impounded at that much over. someone tell me they've had this happen with a better outcome, I think im done for a while and next season = track days only. curious as to your opinons:down:

Last edited:
nope. a couple of speeding tickets, but they were reduced to improper equipment which is a nonmoving violation. he says they shouldnt count but DA will assume they are speeding tickets that were reduced and not want to play ball, thats what i thought too but apparently its one infraction, but one 46mph over

i got an 81 in a 25 being stupid. Cost me a lawyer and i ended up pleading guilty to reckless driving and everything else was dropped

see if they will give you a ticket for inattentive driving (non moving violation i believe) and 86 in a 65 is what 21mph over. so a small speeding ticket and a non moving violation.

that sux man. been there several years ago. got a 140 in a 35... same thing outside of kingman, ks, except i was leaving town

Well idk about where you live, but around here double the speed limit can be considered attempted suicide, and attempted homicide if someone else is with you... my old hockey coach is a hypo and told me

Last edited:
i was racing with a buddy...well i was stomping a mud hole in his bike....lol, but thats besides the point as we both got tickets

I recently got one for 96 on 65 ... to be honest I was around 110 sometimes, but when he caught me, I guess I was at 96 ... he was furious, he wanted to take me to jail and impound my bike :rulez:. But thank god he didnt...probably becoz I didnt try to run and was polite...also told him I just wanted to open up a bit as I recently bought this bike and didnt even get a chance to ride it...though it didnt matter to him...

he also wrote me a ticket for failure to yeild to emergency vehicle...as I didnt even notice him till he pulled over beside me...aparently he was trying to catch me for last 15 minutes :p

anyway, for these two tickets I'm facing 8+3=11 points here in NY state, which is a suspension. Plus I already have 3 points for 92 on 55 (was reduced later on court) on my car.

So I have talked to a lawyer, gonna cost alot to hire him (around $300), plus I have to take the driving school to get rid of existing 3 points...then he'll try to reduce the pending two tickets for lesser points, so that license doesnt get suspended. Then I have to pay the finalized fines too. There's also a surcharge for speeding over this much amount. So I guess I'm looking at around total $1k to spend for this. :(

Well, i can share a funny but good story with you.

I bought a 93 CBR900RR when they first came out, the nice red white and blue one. I was young (18) and VERY dumb.

Coming home from work one night, i got pinched for 151 in a 65. YIKES

This was in Massachusettes and by the STATE POLICE, notorious for never cutting breaks, etc.... I thought, ok, im going to jail, they are taking my bike, this blows!

Trooper ended up being fairly cool, told me his son just bought the same bike, bla bla bla. He wrote me a GIANT ticket, but didnt haul me to jail or take my scoot.

I didnt even have close to the $ to pay the fine. I went to court and HE DIDNT SHOW up! Case dismissed, no fine! Was amazing!

Laws have changed since then, and in certain states, driving at certain levels over the speed limit, is a jailable FELONY!!

Anyway, thats my .02 :)

Just go to your court date and see what happens. I usually have good luck with them being reduced to 10 over and not hitting my insurance. I have never been pinched with going that much over though.

Just go to your court date and see what happens. I usually have good luck with them being reduced to 10 over and not hitting my insurance. I have never been pinched with going that much over though.

Original poster was last year??? and no update :rulez: probably didn't turn it so well for him I am guessing :down:

Well, i can share a funny but good story with you.

I bought a 93 CBR900RR when they first came out, the nice red white and blue one. I was young (18) and VERY dumb.

Coming home from work one night, i got pinched for 151 in a 65. YIKES

This was in Massachusettes and by the STATE POLICE, notorious for never cutting breaks, etc.... I thought, ok, im going to jail, they are taking my bike, this blows!

Trooper ended up being fairly cool, told me his son just bought the same bike, bla bla bla. He wrote me a GIANT ticket, but didnt haul me to jail or take my scoot.

I didnt even have close to the $ to pay the fine. I went to court and HE DIDNT SHOW up! Case dismissed, no fine! Was amazing!

Laws have changed since then, and in certain states, driving at certain levels over the speed limit, is a jailable FELONY!!

Anyway, thats my .02 :)

You were lucky as I was a few years back. The game here in Fla. has changed considerably. Impound, jail, court and 6 month suspension of license. :crowbar:

man... this thread scares me... I have had numerous tickets... only two have gone on my record, the rest have always been dropped in court.

But then again, for some reason, I ALWAYS get caught when going 10-15 over just cruising, but never see cops when I open her up.... though maybe they just decide they dont want to try it at 150+mph.... dont know...

So knocking on wood hoping my luck doesnt change...

Dude I've gotten 9 tickets in last three years on my bike. The lawyer I have has gotten 2 careless n wreckless, 80 in a 55 , crossing double yellow, stop light all dropped. The only thing on my record is a seatbelt ticket (go figure).

Sounds to me like you need a new lawyer!!!!
Try female lawyers they seem to have more pull on the DA, and good luck:beerchug:

Oh and don't just show up to court without a Lawyer. BAD idea. Judge will throw you under the jail...

Back