Somebody stop him...

As you all might or might not know I now own both. Latley I've been riding my Busa more than the Duece. Don't get me wrong I still consider both of them my babys but the Busa has this certain lure (it call's me).
I'll still ride the harley but for now it's all Busa. Tell your husband if he insists on buying a new Harley that's o.k. but for god sakes man keep the Busa.

beerchug.gif

(dmrowe @ May 21 2007,12:30)
(DAB @ May 21 2007,09:53) I don't consider the 'Busa and a Harley to be the best of both worlds.

Two extremes maybe - the 'Busa being the good extreme.

Plenty of other touring bikes that would give you better value for money, comfort, reliability etc. etc.

However, if all you're after is image, then the Hardley is the bike for you.
You know I was going to post a long winded reply but then just thought better of it.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on one point I do agree, I would not trade or sell my 'Busa for any kind of a V-twin touring or cruiser whether it was a Harley or Metric.  I have ridden Harley's for 40 yrs. and I have kind of a slanted view pro and con so don't get me started.
I'm picking up a Hardley this fall - an 05 Ultra Classic. It will be a second bike though - would never sell my busa to buy one.

To each his own - but a nitrous busa for Saturday and a bagger for Sunday is everything I need (well ... except for a supermotard).

Oh and about the reliability issues - any Harley produced in the last ten years is very reliable - have many in our group with 20k and 30k miles with no issues.

I think the humidity might be getting to him Brenda! Slap him around a bit until he see's things your way!

slap.gif

How does one come back from the Dragon and think to themselves "I would have rather been there on a Harley?"

I know, he saw some scenic pictures in the posts and thought, "gee, if I weren't going so fast and leaned over so far, I may have seen some of those things."

Hmmm, no reply from Greg.... has he been banned?

Brenda, maybe you better start checking the HD forums....
laugh.gif

As long as he keeps the Busa let him have the Harley.

Personally, I went with the Vulcan 2000 and love it. The Wife likes that back seat a whole lot better than the Busa's and now she rides all over with me.

Having a sportsbike and a cruiser is nice. Hardest thing is trying to figure out which one to ride... LOL.

+1 MrGxr... The busa is for me and the Harley is for the family outings...

Life is good!

you can't sell the Busa to pick up something else that you want...hold onto it, pick up your other bike, then see how everything pans out...if you find out down the road that you are never riding the Busa and the other bike is all you want, then figure out if you want to sell it...although, i bet you realize how much you like riding the Princess between now and then

i don't know if you remember, but you and i were standing at the Bash watching LadyHawk and VA Busa making passes when Killboy was taking pics...we started talking about the reaction everyone expresses when they see what we ride and how surprised they are that we aren't on harleys...i'm not saying you are but i hope you aren't just giving into peer pressure...i used to like riding my choppers but that was before i knew how much better it could get on a Busa...i don't see how i could ever go back

all i'm saying is just try keeping both of them for a while and see how you feel a few months down the road...good luck, bro
beerchug.gif

After witnessing a fully loaded down minivan(packed to the gills) pass 3 HD riders on the foothills PW, i wonder someone would want one.

On the other hand if you do get a HD, try not to be one of those super slow HD types.

(johnnycrash @ May 21 2007,10:48)
(dmrowe @ May 21 2007,12:30)
(DAB @ May 21 2007,09:53) I don't consider the 'Busa and a Harley to be the best of both worlds.

Two extremes maybe - the 'Busa being the good extreme.

Plenty of other touring bikes that would give you better value for money, comfort, reliability etc. etc.

However, if all you're after is image, then the Hardley is the bike for you.
You know I was going to post a long winded reply but then just thought better of it.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on one point I do agree, I would not trade or sell my 'Busa for any kind of a V-twin touring or cruiser whether it was a Harley or Metric.  I have ridden Harley's for 40 yrs. and I have kind of a slanted view pro and con so don't get me started.
I'm picking up a Hardley this fall - an 05 Ultra Classic.  It will be a second bike though - would never sell my busa to buy one.

To each his own - but a nitrous busa for Saturday and a bagger for Sunday is everything I need (well ... except for a supermotard).

Oh and about the reliability issues - any Harley produced in the last ten years is very reliable - have many in our group with 20k and 30k miles with no issues.
20K to 30K is "Hardley" high mileage. I put 65,000 on my Yamaha 250 before I traded it, no issues.

As I said, if it fits your image, go for it. I think they're overpriced and overrated IMHO.

Aight... first of all.. it doesn't have a damn thing to do with image~ Those that know me, know that I was raised on HDs by a 1%er and bottle fed Marvel Mystery Oil~ For me to be owning a "crotch rocket" is where I veered off the road in the first place~ My Pop even disowned me when he found out I had a love for sportbikes!  
firedevil.gif

Now.. I've actually been entertaining the idea of going back towards HD for the past year now~ I really feel the need to slow my old fat arse down these days~ I would love to be able to own both... but just can't find a way to make that happen~ I do have the title on the Busa, so I see it as the down payment that I don't have in the bank~ As everyone knows, the bigger up front money.. the less monthly payment~ So, yes, I have concidered a trade in to make it happen~ The thing that's really got me going right now.. is that my brother has moved into town from CA... sure his Duece turned me on something fierce.. but I'm liking the idea of weekend cruises with him and my nieghbor across the street with his new sporty~
My biggest problem is that once I set my mind on a new toy... I won't rest until I make it happen~ So one way or another... it will happen~  
tounge.gif

Greg, I've got a 2007 Softail Custom in the Garage right now, it's nice.

BUT Just be ready for the Mods, Mods at Seriously high Prices. If it's time to slow down then it's time to slow down.

Seriously though, NO BRAKES... NONE..

New 96CI is Much improved and the 6 Speed is nice...

Cannot tell ya NOT to get one though... It's not bad.

Rock on Greg, as long as your riding it doesnt matter how slow it will be.
super.gif

I come from a Harley family too.

My only advice is dont buy into the name. Get a used Hog and save some loot or trade the Busa in on a metric cruiser and save even more loot.

I'd say just the opposite,

ONLY BUY A New one Greg, The 96 FI and 6-Speed is worth every penny...
super.gif

and stash enough to the side to get the "Gear Driven Cams Mod" to replace the chain driven cams on the newer twin cam engines.....then ya can sell all yer lids and riding gear and get a new tattoo and some expensive shades....oh...and?...lotsa cleaning products!
laugh.gif

Does this mean that if I want to ride with a local that wants to ride like me, I can ask your wife to join me? (this question is obviously for Greg, not Brenda)

Kevin

i own a 02 elctraglide, b4 that a 86 electraglide,b4 that a 95 1200 sportster,b4 that a 75 xlch sportster ,b4 that a 1965 triumph bonneville. used to ride with a club. harleys only and it wasn't your local hog chapter. on may 1st of this year i bought my very fist "sportbike", a hayabusa. i'm 60 years old. got tattoos on both arms from wrist to shoulder also on back. "harley wings" included. my best friend taunted me about buying a "suzucki." i let him ride the busa- now he wan'ts one.
i love my harley but i was just thinking today- i haven't rode it one time since i took delivery of the busa. also bought all the "gear"- full face helmet,gloves,blue/white/black "joe rocket" jacket. what's wrong with me? my .02- buy the harley and keep the busa somehow. everytime i ever sold a motorcycle i had second thoughts. there not like cars-more like wives and girlfriends.

Back