Hd riders always wear hd shirts

Yeah and the HD jackets have no armor, whats up with that? I'll be touring on my new road king in a couple weeks. I'll be wearing full gear and my Hayabusa.org shirt!
biggrin.gif

those are the most expensive t shirts I've ever seen. I'm glad I right a busa. The shirts are only 15 bucks if I ever feel the need to buy one.

You have to admit that most sport bike riders are more worried about catching their stupid human tricks on camera (big D
laugh.gif
) than hanging out in a parking lot to talk about the bike.

Maybe we should start showing people there is more to a busa than just a burn out and top speed.
huh? what else can a Busa do besides burnouts n top speed runs? I never heard anything about this before....are you sure?

and how are they Stupid Human tricks?...you gotta be pretty smart to hold down that right bar and twist the throttle AT THE SAME TIME-its called multi-tasking, and Im very good at it....i can even spell my name and type at the same time:
Big D .... see?!?!?!
biggrin.gif

I'm guilty of wearing hd stuff on the busa, it sure is funny when your asked " which Harley is yours?" and you point at the busa.

What really kills me is how non-riders automatically assume any cruiser-style motorcycle is a Harley. I had my Magna parked outside a store the other day when a random guy came over and (completely ignoring the Honda Magna sticker on the tank) asks "is that thing a Harley?" I briefly contemplated telling him "Actually, Honda bought out Harley at the beginning of the year. This is one of the new models." In retrospect I wish I had.
biggrin.gif

Oh there are some really funny posts on this thread. Too many to single anyone out. Nice thoughts!!!

I am only commenting on one of them though. Some of the HD Leather jackets DO come with armor. I have one of their leather jackets that weighs close to 20 pounds and is very well armored.

You have to give HD credit though - they have an absolutely incredible marketing department. They've managed to sell a lifestyle, not just a product. You might be Joe Winklestein, mild mannered dentist by day, but once you put on the HD gear and get on your HD motorcycle you're instantly transformed into a big, bad, mofo. It's a good way to escape your normal life for a while.

As far as riding attire goes, that really seems to vary based on type of bike. I've noticed 5 main categories so far:
1. Harley/cruiser riders - T-shirts and/or leather vests, blue jeans & boots. No helmet, or at most a beanie
2. Goldwing riders - 3/4 helmet with the big foam microphone, no protective gear
3. BMW riders - Full aerostitch suit with full-face helmet. Period. Also about the only other guys I ever see mid-winter.
4. Sportbike riders - Leather jacket and full face helmet, both color-matched to bike.
5. Squids - Oakleys, T-shirt (optional), shorts & tennis shoes (possibly sandals)
+1 - good post.  

I think it breaks down into two major categories, bikers and riders.  Most (not all) of the H-D riders I know are bikers.  They enjoy tricking out their bikes with the latest chrome accessory but only ride a few thousand miles a year.  Their idea of a good ride is going from tavern to tavern hanging out - 10 hours on the bike and all they have to show for it is 23 miles on the odometer and maybe a liver spot or DUI.  They are really only happy if someone sees them on their bike.  

The rider on the other hand is all about the ride.  They have logged more miles by noon on Saturday than the typical biker logs in a weekend, and although they love their bikes too, it is only a tool that allows them to do what they want - to ride.  They are happy on their bikes even when no one is looking.

I actually owned a 2003 H-D nighttrain softtail for a year - sort of enjoyed it but it just wasn't me.

To each his own - nothing wrong with either lifestyle (except for the drunk driving part - which is a big problem around here).  LIke someone said earlier, "why try to figure out what makes other people tick?"

You can't be down on Harly though. When I use to travel on mine, I would stop in at the dealerships and take a little break. Most of them were nice shops that have a lounge area that you can grab some coffee, sit on the couch, and rest your backside. Never seen a Suzuki shop be as comfortable.
Wow have times changed. In the 70s, a Harley shop was a dirty, smoke filled place with pics of nude women on bikes plastered everywhere. Usually one of the "sales" people would be in the back smoking a joint. They were willing to share, and if you didn't take a toke, you started feeling really uncomfortable when everyone there started staring at you.

The shirt thing is trying to collect many shirts from different cities, states, shops. The vest thing, I don't know. But they are probably just as amused at the whole color coordinated sport bike thing.

Harley shops are like toy stores, every time I go to one I can spend lot of time looking around at all the stuff they have.  My wife loves Harley clothes.  I personaly like the looks of Harley motors but the rest of the motorcycle does not impress me much.  I often stop by their shops to look around but don't really desire to own a Harley  .  Six out of eight motorcycles that I owned were Suzukis
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|motorkar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157138977 -->

Back