Somebody stop him...

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
I told him I wanted him to KEEP the busa and get an HD. But don't SELL the busa to get a HD!!!

He won't listen...

You people gotta help me with this one, I think I'm losing the battle. He's got a softtail Harley all picked out. I just KNOW by the end of the week, Street Princess will be gone and there will be a Harley sitting in our garage.
crazy.gif

pictures_G_3.JPG

I've got both and wouldn't have it any other way - If you have the means and the room, I say there's nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds! My husband sold 2 bikes to get the one he wanted after I told him not to - we could have made 5 bikes fit in the garage somehow... He'll never admit it but deep down, I think he misses both of them.

Personally - my choices were based on the fact that life is just too short not to get what you want out of it!

Both is not bad, but I'm going to publicly flog Greg if he sells that Busa FOR A HD!? Had he not learned anything?! Do I need to start listing all the times we've sat at a Harley dealership while we waited for one to be worked on and fixed?!
laugh.gif

In all fairness, I see why so many want both...you'll miss the power of the Busa if you sell it though...the only thing that makes a HD feel even remotely close is a crate motor from JIMS that will cost more than a Busa itself...Brenda and I will be the ones miles up the road pointing and laughing, waiting for you to show up...I'm just saying man...you've been warned
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Brenda, you're in my thoughts...
sad.gif

lurk.gif

laugh.gif

He may think he is in control of the bike department.....remind him what you ARE in control of.......

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You know if he sells the princess to buy a harley he's gonna want to ride yours when the busa itch hits him.
AAAssjani.gif

I don't consider the 'Busa and a Harley to be the best of both worlds.

Two extremes maybe - the 'Busa being the good extreme.

Plenty of other touring bikes that would give you better value for money, comfort, reliability etc. etc.

However, if all you're after is image, then the Hardley is the bike for you.

Take him to the nearest medical center, I think he may have ingested a few spiders...

Greg do you know that the spiders will always pick on the slower moving vehicle in the garage? That means puttin down the street with excessive vibrations constantly trying to beat the spiders that are looking at you like a meal. Those big black furry ones with the long legs are especially keen on HD's
wow.gif

Please, save yourself, and keep the princess.

Oh, and you are so out of the cabin at next years bash if you show up on a Harley.
SHOCKED.gif

Hope this helps Brenda.

(fsusux @ May 21 2007,12:43) You know if he sells the princess to buy a harley he's gonna want to ride yours when the busa itch hits him.
AAAssjani.gif
EXACTLY!
laugh.gif

He's already said "If I get the itch for a Busa, I'll just ride yours." So what, that leaves me stuck riding the Harley???
pissed.gif

(PDBusa @ May 21 2007,12:58) Take him to the nearest medical center, I think he may have ingested a few spiders...

Greg do you know that the spiders will always pick on the slower moving vehicle in the garage? That means puttin down the street with excessive vibrations constantly trying to beat the spiders that are looking at you like a meal. Those big black furry ones with the long legs are especially keen on HD's  
wow.gif

Please, save yourself, and keep the princess.

Oh, and you are so out of the cabin at next years bash if you show up on a Harley.  
SHOCKED.gif

Hope this helps Brenda.
ices_rofl.gif

Thank you PD...

He said "We can still go to the Bash, I'll just hang with Mike and his crew."
Hope they'll have room for him in their hotel too!
firedevil.gif

(PDBusa @ May 21 2007,11:58) Oh, and you are so out of the cabin at next years bash if you show up on a Harley.
SHOCKED.gif

Hope this helps Brenda.
You saying that he's still invited if he gets a Hardley?
tounge.gif

(LadyHawk @ May 21 2007,12:22) Hope they'll have room for him in their hotel too!
firedevil.gif
I think Michelle knows of the perfect accomodations for them!
laugh.gif

What was the name of that quaint, little place?

Thanks everyone.. I don't know if he's seen this thread yet.
But sorry honey.. all is fair in love and war.
cool.gif

(LadyHawk @ May 21 2007,12:25) Thanks everyone.. I don't know if he's seen this thread yet.
But sorry honey.. all is fair in love and war.
cool.gif
ices_rofl.gif

Good one, Brenda! That'll teach him to goto the Dark Side!

(omslaw @ May 21 2007,13:24)
(LadyHawk @ May 21 2007,12:22) Hope they'll have room for him in their hotel too!  
firedevil.gif
I think Michelle knows of the perfect accomodations for them!  
laugh.gif

What was the name of that quaint, little place?
OH YES...the nice, homey, quaint "5-Point Motel" not to ever, ever, ever be confused with any 5-Star something...

Hey, maybe Mike's attitude will get better if there's another Harley rider there with the Busa gang...hey, this might be a good thing FOR ME!
laugh.gif

Sorry Brenda...I won't be a sell-out...I'll still point and laugh if Greg sells that Busa...
wink.gif

laugh.gif

(DAB @ May 21 2007,09:53) I don't consider the 'Busa and a Harley to be the best of both worlds.

Plenty of other touring bikes that would give you better value for money, comfort, reliability etc. etc.

You know I was going to post a long winded reply but then just thought better of it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on one point I do agree, I would not trade or sell my 'Busa for any kind of a V-twin touring or cruiser whether it was a Harley or Metric. I have ridden Harley's for 40 yrs. and I have kind of a slanted view pro and con so don't get me started.

(dmrowe @ May 21 2007,13:30)
(DAB @ May 21 2007,09:53) I don't consider the 'Busa and a Harley to be the best of both worlds.

You know I was going to post a long winded reply but then just thought better of it.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on one point I do agree, I would not trade or sell my 'Busa for any kind of a V-twin touring or cruiser whether it was a Harley or Metric.  I have ridden Harley's for 40 yrs. and I have kind of a slanted view pro and con so don't get me started.
No really, go right ahead.. be my guest. You have the floor.

No one will agree 100% - I just said my .02 the way I see it... It's like apples and oranges but why can't I like apples and oranges, huh?...

Definitely apples and oranges, and we must remember that we're on a Busa board where most will side for keeping the Suzuki, but it'll all come down to what Greg ultimately wants out of a bike...hopefully this won't become a Harley bashing session, and even I'm guilty of a jab here and there, but I owned one and we still have one in the stable at home, so that gives me the right, right LCB?!  
laugh.gif
 Just playing around...but honestly, opinions are just that; he'll do whatever he wants and risk Brenda and I poking fun at him and have to grin and bear it...
tounge.gif

Mike loves my bike, rides it often, comes up with some great mod ideas because secretly he wants it to be just like he wants it LOL but he's a Harley guy and that won't ever change and I don't try to change him...
biggrin.gif

Back