sold the 08 busa, problem with the buyer!

Sooo aside from everyone pretty much saying the same thing, as anything come of the situation? Have you talked to him since or looked at the bike?

Sooo aside from everyone pretty much saying the same thing, as anything come of the situation? Have you talked to him since or looked at the bike?

no i have not since last conversation we had on this past monday! i have not looked at the bike and no intension either to ask. the guy rode my bike to my work to finish the proper documents thursday afternoon ( day of sale) i asked him how was the bike? ( he was following me on the bike) he said good! he rode it home should be about 30 miles ride. i guess he parked it somewhere, no phone call, had it friday ( new years eve) no call! new years day in the evening i got the call that is leaking by kick stand!

Last edited:
no i have not since last conversation we had on this past monday! i have not looked at the bike and no intension either to ask. the guy rode my bike to my work to finish the proper documents thursday afternoon ( day of sale) i asked him how was the bike? ( he was following me on the bike) he said good! he rode it home should be about 30 miles ride. i guess he parked it somewhere, no phone call, had it friday ( new years eve) no call! new years day in the evening i got the call that is leaking by kick stand!

Sounds like he figured out the issue then

Its really very simple my friend its called a back side warranty........The second you see my backside or i yours its done:):laugh:

done is done...
he was happy when he signed papers... not your responsibility after that.:rulez:

I think as all say "he rode the piss out of the bike" I ride my bike hard and she doesn't have a leak 2008 w/ 40k and she is riding strong...

MAYBE HE SWAPPED THE ENGINE WITH ANOTHER ONE... if you decide to take the bik back "not recommended" CHECK VIN NUMBERS....

sounds like you sold a perfectly good bike, if you have anything to do with it now you'll be the one that get stitched up

I can't get past $6300 for an 08. A million of us here on the board would have been fighting over that in about two seconds.

I would never " take a bike back" It's my responsibility to take the time to go over it best I can. If you ask seller if there are any issues watch him closely when he answers pple usually have a " tell" when they lie.

When I went to look at my Ninja ( 1992) a few years ago I didn't have anyone to go with me so I printed off a list of what to look for in a used bike and I went through that checklist in the garage.

The seller was actually really impressed that I did that.I just wanted to look like I had some idea of what I was doing. I stood there with the list in my hand and checked items off.

It made me look more like a serious buyer and not the complete noob I was. The bike wasn't running when I bought it. I would not have brought the bike back if I hadn't had been able to get it going.

Every now and then pple just have to accept responsibility for thei own actions and decisions.

That price is bull for an 08 it should go to a shop to find out what happened if he did it or something was wrong with it you all know you can beat the crap out of these bikes and have no problems so why is it like this I would want a shop to check just incase. There are two sides to every story you sound honest but I trust nobody.:whistle: Good luck

That price is bull for an 08 it should go to a shop to find out what happened if he did it or something was wrong with it you all know you can beat the crap out of these bikes and have no problems so why is it like this I would want a shop to check just incase. There are two sides to every story you sound honest but I trust nobody.:whistle: Good luck

You can't get involved and have him take it to a shop. There is an implied warranty created at some time during this process. It may not be until you fix something for him but, "as is" turns into "I have to warranty the bike."

have you tried to sell a bike recently for what you want or what the retail value is? i have and it is a terrible market!
friend of mine moved to overseas and he had a 05 red/bk busa very clean with some after marker accessories..he only had 4000 miles on it.. he was trying to sell it for 6300 for 2 months and no luck.. people offering 5000 for the bike!! he end up asking me to sell it for him since he had to go overseas.. i asked the same price for another 2 months and no luck but end up finally sell it for 5400.00. i even post it here for a while and no responds..
i asked 7500.00 for mine for 45 days..i put in consignment program too but no phone call.. after 2 months i took it down to priced i sold for and i was able to get phone calls!
i did not priced it low because it was something wrong with bike. i did not force the guy to buy it, i gave him all the time to look at it too. if there were something wrong with the bike and i knew i would have not spend 1000 dollars put new brake pads, chain, sprockets, k@n filter, fresh oil change, and new rear tires couple of months before it was sold. i would have just left it as is..but that is just not me!!
the mystry is if the leak was there i had no clue and not see any evidence of it. the weird thing is up to this day he has not told me where the leak was from?

Last edited:
have you tried to sell a bike recently for what you want or what the retail value is? i have and it is a terrible market!
friend of mine moved to overseas and he had a 05 red/bk busa very clean with some after marker accessories..he only had 4000 miles on it.. he was trying to sell it for 6300 for 2 months and no luck.. people offering 5000 for the bike!! he end up asking me to sell it for him since he had to go overseas.. i asked the same price for another 2 months and no luck but end up finally sell it for 5400.00. i even post it here for a while and no responds..
i asked 7500.00 for mine for 45 days..i put in consignment program too but no phone call.. after 2 months i took it down to priced i sold for and i was able to get phone calls!
i did not priced it low because it was something wrong with bike. i did not force the guy to buy it, i gave him all the time to look at it too. if there were something wrong with the bike and i knew i would have not spend 1000 dollars put new brake pads, chain, sprockets, k@n filter, fresh oil change, and new rear tires couple of months before it was sold. i would have just left it as is..but that is just not me!!
the mystry is if the leak was there i had no clue and not see any evidence of it. the weird thing is up to this day he has not told me where the leak was from?

Like when I sold my 05 back in 2009 for $6800, I had over 15,000 into that thing, I think market at the time was around 8500ish.

Like when I sold my 05 back in 2009 for $6800, I had over 15,000 into that thing, I think market at the time was around 8500ish.

there is 09 white one with 3700 miles on it and full yoshi sitting in local shop here for 45 days and asking 8900 for it!!!

I know it takes time to sell anything right now but keep your price it will sell. If everyone keeps dropping their prices nothing will be of any value in the end.

ah the price is fair, it did have 15k miles, that alot for this type of bike.

dunno about any other mods.

ah the price is fair, it did have 15k miles, that alot for this type of bike.

dunno about any other mods.

A lot of miles?? If you're from Up North... maybe.

The buyer got a GREAT price on that bike. Unless you're (the seller) not telling something (no I don't believe that, you seem very upfront and honest), than the buyer got a great deal and hopefully will continue not to bother you.

Back