Socal 2006 ride!!!!

Allright, here's the update;

The dates are <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>June 9, 10, and 11th</span></span>.

Go ahead and make plans for those dates
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

sorry guys i can't make it. wish i could, had that weekend planed for months. i have tried every way to get out of it but no go.

You San Diego guys;

You guys gonna rack out at a hotel? Rides will probably be Santa Monica Mts, Ojai, Gorman, Lake Hughes, Angeles Crest, Rim of the World, Idylwild, 7 levels, and Palomar. I am taking in Ba Busa, anyone else have a spare bed for the Diego guys if they want it?

Also, anyone off this Thursday, 5/11. I'm going to test ride one of the routes. It'll be all day. Anyone up for it?

Hotel will be pretty much out of the question for me -- will be all I can do to afford gas and food. My rear tire is iffy too

Hotel will be pretty much out of the question for me -- will be all I can do to afford gas and food. My rear tire is iffy too
Are you planning all 3 days, maybe a LA guy could hook you up with a spare bed for 1 or 2 night...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147238769 -->

I still have to request the 9th off but am keeping the 10/11th open

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: "I are stoopid"|1147563742 -->

I just got back from my first test ride!  
biggrin.gif

Here is the plan for <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sat June 10th</span></span>!

Official start/meeting place, Banning, CA at 7:30am and bikes rolling at 8:00am.  Everyone is invited to breakfast at 6:45/7:00am at IHOP.  From the I-10, exit at 243(sign will say to Idylwild), then turn North and you can't miss the IHOP on your right.

Ride will be from Banning, HWY243 to Idylwild, HWY243/HWY74 to 7 levels(Palm Desert), turn around after 7 levels back up HWY74/HWY371/Wilson Valley Rd/Sage Rd/HWY79 to Aguanda, HWY79 to Sanat Ysabel for LUNCH at the Pie Factory, turn around back up HWY79/Mesa Grande RD/Center Loop/Hwy76/E Grade RD to Palomar, S Grade RD/Hwy 76 to Pala, Pala RD/Pechanga PKWY to Temecula, I-15/Bundy Canyon RD/Mission Trl/Grand Ave/Ortega Hwy to San Juan Capistrano.

Ride length from Banning to San Juan Capistrano --- 287miles.
Estimated TIME with breaks and lunch --- 7 1/2hrs or 3:30pm.

For those in the Long Beach area;
Ride length from 91/605 interchange back to 91/605 interchange --- 408miles.
Estimated TIME with breaks, lunch, & breakfast --- 10hrs 15mins or 4:15pm.

Estimated Timetable;
Around 6am, leave LA for Banning.
7am-8am, breakfast and ride meet.
8am-Noon, on the road.
Noon to 1pm, lunch at Santa Ysabel.
1pm-3:30pm, on the road to San Juan Capistrano.
3:30-4:15, on the road back to LA.

As for gas.  Those with Busas are good to go.  For the friends that are invited on other sportbikes, be sure to tell me if your tank doesn't hold more than 4.25 gallons or your bike gets much worse gas mileage than a busa.  The longest leg on 1 tank was 4.2 gallons.  I think most sport bikes have at least 4.5 gallons, so we should be good to go.

I estimated the times since group rides are hard to predict.  Could be quicker, could be longer.  But it should be pretty close.  
tounge.gif

Now for the map pics, there are 3  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147566744 -->

SoCal_map_sat1.gif

I'll also do a test ride for Friday's and Sunday's ride, then post up the route's plans. Friday will be a shorter ride than Saturday and Sunday's ride will be shorter than Friday. Make sense
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Basically, saturday, the one above, will be the longest ride
tounge.gif

I thought sat was the 9th?
Thats an hour and 20 min ride from where I am-- Gonna be tough rolling out a 5:15 am
sad.gif

edit -- whoops my bad -- _ need a calender

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147416732 -->

I thought sat was the 9th?
Thats an hour and 20 min ride from where I am-- Gonna be tough rolling out a 5:15 am
sad.gif

edit -- whoops my bad -- _ need a calender
Yup,  Sat is the 10th  
biggrin.gif
 I'm not test riding them in order, just trying to confuse everyone  
tounge.gif

HWY243 from Banning to Idylwild is awesome!!!  You won't regret the early wakeup for that road  
biggrin.gif
 Plus the San Diego guys can cut out after Palomar or whenever if you guys aren't staying in LA for the weekend.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147417498 -->

biggrin.gif

It's mileage per tank that counts dear, not gallons! My F2 got 150 per tank and so do the Busa's.....so if they can get 150 per tank, they are fine. Twins may need to refuel mid ride.....I know super hawks only get about 110 per tank.....I think some other twins are the same.

Back