So im jumping out of a perfectly good airplane this weekend.

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
If the weather cooperates I will be making my first skydive this Saturday! Tandom of course. We are doing Skydive Carolina out of Chester SC. Making the jump at 14,000 feet! I am so excited! I can't wait. I am a bit nervous to though.

I will probably have a video made being its my first jump. I'll post it here so everybody can make fun of me crying for my mommy before I jump lol.

Who else here has done it?

Good luck wiht that.. i am sure it will be a blast..

I thought about doing it once, but i just down shifted rode a wheelie and life was good again.

Good luck wiht that.. i am sure it will be a blast..

I thought about doing it once, but i just down shifted rode a wheelie and life was good again.

Yeah but I sold the busa (shhh wait did I say that out loud?):whistle: So I need a new thrill.

They do a lot of skydiving out near my dads house in Jedburg.. I think there is a skydiving school there every nice Saturday you can see people jumping out of planes all day.

sky diving is a blast... i was gonna go and do the coarse so i could jump solo, but i got tied up doin other stuff. i went one time here in hawaii from ~10k ft and had an awsome view. went through a cloud too, that is a weird feeling.

To me,jumping out of an air-o-plane is as about as smart as taking a Busa off of some sweet jumps..:poke:

Just don't make sense to me....

Good luck. It is a feeling like no other you have ever felt. The feeling of free fall, then the oh so comfort of a fresh silk canopy. I miss it. I have never jumped tandem so I cant relate, but when you get the single jumps, your in control.

It will change your life - It did mine. If I had could only do one or the other (skydive or Busa), It would be bye-bye Busa (sorry!) Enjoy it. You will not feel like you are falling, but more like floating in a 100+ MPH breeze (gives you a sense of weight). Stick your hand out your car window and feel the breeze push against it for an example.

Make sure you wave at the cameraman, and then look around. Even with 17 years/2000+ jumps in the sport, I get a kick out of it every single time.

Chester is a good, well-known Drop Zone; they are a USPA (U.S. Parachute Assoc) member Drop Zone, and therefore commit to follow basic safety rules, training, etc.

A tandem is only the start and only a taste of what is to come; it's when you learn to jump by yourself (and your friends) when it REALLY gets cool.

you will have a BLAST!

P.S. I'm the one in the white/blue suit; my wife is the girl in the white suit (it's how we met :))):cheerleader:

W6L20280.jpg

W6L20305.jpg

What a great hobby jumping is!! but it will break your bank if you get hooked... :)

I never did a tandem jump (had to work my way through all the SL stuff)

I could post this stuff all day. No more expensive than a serious Busa habit!

1000th.jpg

I jumped one day and told the guy I was thinking about doing it all the time but had to do the first one and we'd see from there. As soon as I got on the ground the guy comes over and says "so your never doing that again are you?" I said I want on the next plane up. I had a blast....spent over $300 that day..but loved every second.

Go do it!!

I wanna see the video!!

Made my first jump in Mooresville, Ind. Started out static line, then finally graduated to a square ram air type canopy. Used to pay seven dollars to go to 7500' Had 400 dollars in gear. It's an amazing experience that you will love. You may get hooked big time or just make the one jump. Ether way it will be a worthwhile experience.:beerchug:

PAY FOR THE VIDEO! It makes you relive it!!! Have fun! 14000 is a great height. tandems here jump at like 11k and I was like "say WUUUUUT? ? ? ?"
Yes it can be addictive! strike that... >>IS<< addictive equal or more than track days. I would say more

jeeez. now my skin is tingling again... I left skydiving on my high note! My 16th solo jump, at Sunset... I was the last one out of the plane.... NOTHING can give you the thrill when you are STANDING ON A RAIL ON THE OUTSIDE OF AN AIRPLANE AT 14500 feet, looking down the side of the plane into a beautiful unobstructed sunet, you look back at the tale, look down about 3 miles... then let go! words can not describe that experience.

I stopped because I knew I didn't have time for this addiction also in my life. I don't regret that decision but I sure do miss it! I will jump again some summer

Last edited:
SKYDIVR, I did not complete certification [I don't think] but was cleared for jumping solo everywhere... will I have to take classes to jump solo again or what? I'm sure I could pass live tests pretty easily

SKYDIVR, I did not complete certification [I don't think] but was cleared for jumping solo everywhere... will I have to take classes to jump solo again or what? I'm sure I could pass live tests pretty easily

I you did not get your Basic (A) License, it really depends on how long it's been since you jumped. If it's been more than a year, I suspect you could quickly make your way thru progession, but I don't know many Drop Zones that would take you on your word alone. I am a USPA-rated Static Line Instructor - I doubt I would do it. Have to see your logbook.

Might recommend you contact your local Drop Zone and talk to them about it, as they would be best able to make a recommendation.

It may be as easy as one AFF jump where the instructors go with you and give you the chance. Either way, you never did it long enough to really find out what enjoyment you can get out of it. Takes a 100 jumps or so to see if you want to stay with it or not.

Good luck!

Back