Doing my recurrence jump tomorrow!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
So I've been out of skydiving for 6 months now since I broke my leg on my last jump back in September.

Well, I'm all healed up now and ready to go again! I am quite nervous about it though honestly. Not about the free fall but about the landing. I'm sure all will be good though. Gotta get these dreams I've been having since the accident out of my head. Best way to do it is to conquor my new fear.

If I break my leg again I'll just stick with bowling. Lol

Sent from my bad a$$ phone using Tapatalk and some tigerblood!

Yeah I'm going to be ready to PLF the hell out of it. I'm jumping the student canopy tomorrow though. Its a big Navigator. Wanna ease my way back into my smaller rig. Probably going to upsize my 175 Triathlon to a pilot 188zpx. I thing the Tri is bad juju now.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk and some tigerblood!

Well after I got home and put on all my gear. I tried to do some practice PLFs and tried jumping on my bad leg. It still hurt pretty bad around my ankle and tib/fib. As much as I was set on going I'm thinking I might be jumping the gun a bit. I'm thinking one more month of heal time and exercise on that leg might be a wiser decision unfortunately.

Thinking I'll go ride the bike tomorrow instead. Sorry for posting fellas. Feel kind of stupid now.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk and some tigerblood!

If it's still hurting you are not ready.

Remember, if you flare correctly, it's like stepping off a chair. Easy peasy. Don't overthink it. I'm jumping a 135 (Nitron), still considered conservative by today's standards. I can land it anywhere, anytime. It's all in the technique.

Sorry for posting fellas. Feel kind of stupid now.QUOTE]

there isn't any reason to say that or feel this way...i would much rather watch you make an informed, rational decision than for you to let your pride get the better of you and have you posting up from the hospital this afternoon!! wait until your leg is ready to carry its share of the load before you go jumping out of a perfectly good airplane :thumbsup:

Back