Im back on the ground! First Skydive! Video inside!

awesome:beerchug::thumbsup:!!! Been wanting to that most our lives !! Georgia's one daughter is dating a skydiving instructor....maybe we can get "hooked up" for Georgias BIG b-day next spring !! again GREAT video!!!:cheerleader:

Super cool bro. No matter how many times I jumped, I got sweaty palms every time they cut the engine back and opened the door. Time to GO GO GO GO! :beerchug:
:laugh: or the first time you picked the exit point? ( I learned jumping a T10... not a lot of margin for error and I got used to walking.. :laugh: )

Nothing like "flying" cause it sure aint falling....

Last edited:
thinking of getting certified already, eh? :D Way to go!

It's a rush LIKE NO OTHER! I hate to admit but Trackdays are SECOND place behind this

CONGRATS! What did I tell you? "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

I've jumped that exact airplane before; the Twin-Otter is the best all-around skydiving a/c out there IMHO. A great ride to altitude.

I also know Bill Scott (your tandem master); he's a great guy and a VERY accomplished skydiver and tandem instructor. You got a good one!

I laughed when I saw the videographer do a thumbs up on your deployment; I always did a double thumbs up when I shot video. After 2000+ skydives, I still get the same rush, and watching the excitement of new jumpers always brings it back into focus.

"Once you've tasted the sky, you will forever long to return". For those of you who haven't done this, it's highly recommended by skydivr. In fact, I'm going again this weekend :thumbsup:

CONGRATS! What did I tell you? "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

I've jumped that exact airplane before; the Twin-Otter is the best all-around skydiving a/c out there IMHO. A great ride to altitude.

I also know Bill Scott (your tandem master); he's a great guy and a VERY accomplished skydiver and tandem instructor. You got a good one!

I laughed when I saw the videographer do a thumbs up on your deployment; I always did a double thumbs up when I shot video. After 2000+ skydives, I still get the same rush, and watching the excitement of new jumpers always brings it back into focus.

"Once you've tasted the sky, you will forever long to return". For those of you who haven't done this, it's highly recommended by skydivr. In fact, I'm going again this weekend :thumbsup:

Yeah you were right!

Yeah Bill was really cool. Would defiantly jump with him again. One of the other guys that was jumping with me said he had a really hard opening and it kinda hurt, he said he's surprised you can't here him go oooooopppphhhh! from above in the video. lol

I want to do a few more dives before I attempt a solo. Want to do better on my form first.

Awesome video. Wish i had got the video when I did my first. Watching this made me want to go blow some money!! (on skydiving)

Yeah you were right!

Yeah Bill was really cool. Would defiantly jump with him again. One of the other guys that was jumping with me said he had a really hard opening and it kinda hurt, he said he's surprised you can't here him go oooooopppphhhh! from above in the video. lol

I want to do a few more dives before I attempt a solo. Want to do better on my form first.

You did ok. While you can make some more tandems if you want (I'm sure they are glad to take your money), you'll find it better spent in the long run to start the AFF (Accellerated FreeFall) Program if you want to start skydiving. WARNING: Skydiving is expensive like BUSA riding and even MORE ADDICTIVE!

Yyou'll find it better spent in the long run to start the AFF (Accellerated FreeFall) Program if you want to start skydiving. WARNING: Skydiving is expensive like BUSA riding and even MORE ADDICTIVE!

yep! You can't just DECIDE to jump solo, you HAVE to be cleared. It's like flying... once YOU are in the air, YOU become an FAA regulated aircraft like a plane, glider or anything else in our airspace. you have to take classes, and pass tests. It's DEFINITELY worth the money - when they let go of your suit grips and YOU are flying alone, you start pondering who you can sell to buy your own chute, suit etc

Right on! :cheerleader:

That's on my "to do list".

Looks like you had a blast.

One thing...it's ironic that you can go faster on a Hayabusa than you can when jumping out of an airplane. ???

yep! You can't just DECIDE to jump solo, you HAVE to be cleared. It's like flying... once YOU are in the air, YOU become an FAA regulated aircraft like a plane, glider or anything else in our airspace. you have to take classes, and pass tests. It's DEFINITELY worth the money - when they let go of your suit grips and YOU are flying alone, you start pondering who you can sell to buy your own chute, suit etc

Check. And, there's NOTHING LIKE having the glory slot, diving out last on a 20-way and swooping down to the formation!

Here's a couple more pics to get your enthusiam stoked!

Jet_01.jpg

formation1.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

Back