So I stripped it (help)

It all comes down to having the right tools. Thanks Daniel for the lead; I went up to the local Sears and got something similar to what you linked (that paticular tool set was too small). Came right off but destroyed the nut :)

Always a good excuse to pick up some more tools!

IMG_1057.jpg

Flame wrench would have been very usefull also!

Also do you need replacements?
I think i have them

It all comes down to having the right tools. Thanks Daniel for the lead; I went up to the local Sears and got something similar to what you linked (that paticular tool set was too small). Came right off but destroyed the nut :)

Always a good excuse to pick up some more tools!

Easy on the next one Hercules!

I agree, that looks a little small for that torque setting, jeez...I'd double check the specs. :) I'd say 30 ft/lb max! What size is it?

Really?!? No one made fun of your soft nuts? :laugh:

Glad you got it off. I have the same luck repairing stuff around the house. Never just an easy fix

This tool would of saved you a headache too. Sometimes you just have to bust a nut! :laugh:

nut cracker.jpg

Really?!? No one made fun of your soft nuts? :laugh:

Glad you got it off. I have the same luck repairing stuff around the house. Never just an easy fix

Around the house, PLUMBING is the worst for me...repairing the toilet almost turned into a bathroom remodel once.:laugh:

Is the main problem that many of the fasteners (internal engine) / other hardware is of the torque to yield type...not to be reused...as in the bolts that hold the engine to the frame? When they are tightened initally the threads are stretched and distort....have you had the nuts off before? Either way atleast you got it apart

Also do you need replacements?
I think i have them

Thank you for the offer; they are less than $2 apiece from bikebandit. I've got two hubs/sprockets, so will get the other one off, then tally up how many bolts I really need to order.

Yesterday was just not my day. First I messed up that nut, then I tore he carpet up running some wires for the TV, then I managed to tear the heck out of the wall...that I am now going to have to repair...I should have just crawled back under my rock...

Question. The OEM 43 tooth sprocket fit precisely on the hub, but the JT Sprocket 44 tooth has a tiny bit of 'play' and does not fit as tight...is that going to make any difference? Has anyone else ever noticed that?

Keith my wife was looking at your palm and said for $20 she can tell you your future :laugh:

I can tell him his future right now. I see a new nut in his future.

Skydiver - were you by chance using a 12 point socket when it stripped?

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

Yes, 12 point and I have already been chewed out about it :)

Back