need help please

ResidentEvil

Registered
Ok so I was replacing the rear sprocket nuts with some black tasty nutz, and I rounded off one of the stock nuts.
It's the only one left and I was using a socket when it happened.
It's on there GOOD too. :banghead:
Tried to use a size smaller.... nothing
tried lock pliers ....nothing

Sears makes some nice (pricey) sockets for removing hammered up nuts & bolts, works great with air. I's spray good with some penetrant and try vice grips. These situations an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure :poke: :laugh:

Sears has some tools designed just for such a thing. I think you can get a set for rounded bolts for around 20$. Depending on how often you would need such a thing would be up to you.

Vise Grips if you have them are the cheapest way to remove it. Cutting it will be tricky because you don't want to damage the threads on that $5 stub.

+1 on the nut splitter. You can get one for about $5 at harbour frieght and in my opinion, no toolbox should be without one!:thumbsup:

I don't get how that could have happened unless you were using the wrong size socket. Please explain.

Well Like I said I was replacing the rear sprocket bolts with some black one's from tasty nutz and the last nut wouldn't come off...I wasn't doing it my friend was, he has all the good tools except the one to get a stripped nut off..lol but its ok, I went to HF and got a stripped nut remover kit ...thanks for the advice

2009-12-13 19.46.15.jpg

Back